How to identify titles released in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

boxhead

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Having just very recently (yesterday) upgraded my system to Atmos, I'm trying to identify which releases I have that have an Atmos track. Most of them are obvious eg Abbey Rd, Let It Be & most recent Steven Wilson mixes etc. Some of the older ones I'm not too sure of short of pulling all titles from the last 5 years or so and checking the back covers.

I thought to go to the Hi-Rez Surround Polls page and searching for "Atmos". This brought up a number of titles, but not all. For example, Loreena McKennitt's "The Visit" does not appear because it doesn't have "Atmos mix" in the title. Is there a better way that I can generate a list of all Atmos releases?

IMachine

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Having just very recently (yesterday) upgraded my system to Atmos, I'm trying to identify which releases I have that have an Atmos track. Most of them are obvious eg Abbey Rd, Let It Be & most recent Steven Wilson mixes etc. Some of the older ones I'm not too sure of short of pulling all titles from the last 5 years or so and checking the back covers.

I thought to go to the Hi-Rez Surround Polls page and searching for "Atmos". This brought up a number of titles, but not all. For example, Loreena McKennitt's "The Visit" does not appear because it doesn't have "Atmos mix" in the title. Is there a better way that I can generate a list of all Atmos releases?
Take a look here:

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
If you don't mind checking them year by year you don't need to go far - just search for "Atmos" here:
The lists include Atmos downloads and upcoming releases too.

Last edited:

boxhead

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
You could give the Bluray discography a try. Hopefully I identified all the titles that include an atmos option
Thanks Mark, but this listing has a problem. It shows Lennon's Gimme Some Truth as not being Atmos, but Imagine is listed as being Atmos, both of which are incorrect. As I'm finding, it's not easy to find a definitive list.

boxhead

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Take a look here:
I'm not nitpicking (really!) But this list doesn't show Lennon's Plastic Ono Band, which is an Atmos release. Still finding it difficult to get a definitive list.

boxhead

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
If you don't mind checking them year by year you don't need to go far - just search for "Atmos" here:
This looks more promising. I'll give it a closer look on my desktop device - thanks!

Mark Anderson

Staff member
Thanks Mark, but this listing has a problem. It shows Lennon's Gimme Some Truth as not being Atmos, but Imagine is listed as being Atmos, both of which are incorrect. As I'm finding, it's not easy to find a definitive list.
Thanks for catching that. I am surprised that the other correct listings where of no help, geez:rolleyes:

boxhead

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Okay, after a closer look it seems this does indeed identify all of the Atmos mixes correctly. Shame you have to go through them year by year, but it's a minor inconvenience on the road to completion!

haikubass

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Thanks, there's one exception, though - I don't include many Atmos (and Auro-3D) releases by the 2L and Sono Luminus labels.
Well, I'm still considering one big alphabetical list, but that would need me checking all the related links, so it's still a maybe.