DTS-CD How to make a DTS Audio CD on a Windows 7 PC?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Kinda driving me up the wall here - I recently got a new PC. Only now do I find my Nero 6 is incompatible with Windows 7.

Trying to use the Burn function in Windows Explorer gives me an Audio CD full of the white noise. IMG Burn creates a disc none of my CD players can read - I think it's making a Data disc.

I use to run Nero 6 and create an Audio CD and just dragged & dropped my DTS files in place. No problems for years!

Now what can I do?

Hmmm. I've never used Nero to burn a DTS CD (copy maybe, but not create a compilation)

I can try Nero 10 tomorrow if you tell me exactly how you're doing it.

With Nero 6, I used to just create a new Audio CD. All my Quad songs would be encoded using Surcode DTS and saved as a single file with a .wav extension. Then I just put them into Nero as if they were regular song files.
It always worked for me.

With Nero 6, I used to just create a new Audio CD. All my Quad songs would be encoded using Surcode DTS and saved as a single file with a .wav extension. Then I just put them into Nero as if they were regular song files.
It always worked for me.

So, I should create two individual multichannel tunes, encode each one to DTS, then try and create a CD using the two DTS encoded files with Nero 10, just as if they were stereo wav files? If so, I'll try it when I get home tonight.

If not, let me know what to try. If it works, you can upgrade your Nero.

Have you configured ImgBurn appropriately? There should be no reason why it doesn't work. I would think that, considering the number of unneeded codecs Nero installs on your PC (which actually directly interfered with Plogue for me in the past - imagine that), going with ImgBurn would be, by far, the best option. I completely uninstalled Nero off all PCs years ago.

ImgBurn support forum is here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/

Best of luck. :)

I agree about Nero. It adds a LOT of crap onto your PC. I only installed the bare minimum, and only did that because I needed a few of the basic features. ImgBurn is far superior for ISO management.

OK. I tried Nero 10 on Windows 7 x64. I had 3 DTS wav files of individual songs created from 4 mono files and encoded with SurCodeDTS.

Put 'em in Nero, burned the CD, dragged it down to the Oppo and it played fine.

Does that help?

DKA: Thank you for that Forum! That showed me the way. Yep, I was not using IMG Burn correctly. To do an audio CD, that program uses the bin/cue way of doing things. That website showed me the way and it burned correctly! Thank you!

DKA: Thank you for that Forum! That showed me the way. Yep, I was not using IMG Burn correctly. To do an audio CD, that program uses the bin/cue way of doing things. That website showed me the way and it burned correctly! Thank you!

Glad I could help. I was a Nero user for many years, and I've never gone back.

Back