How to make Sony SQR-8750 real SQ? + something else...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have speakers in a square configuration except with the rear speakers elevated near ceiling level, stacked on top of other speakers from different amps and the front speakers on the floor. I prefer not to use A+B at the same time because it's more demanding for the amplifier but I'm probably being over-cautious. I suggest try out a few different combinations like the one that you have described: front speakers=SPEAKER A FRONT + SPEAKER B FRONT, rear speakers=SPEAKER B REAR,(resistors on SPEAKER A REAR). This would allow you to switch on/off the rear speakers without mixing the front/rear channel locations.

And How do You like the mixing two types of sound from diferent speakers at the same time?

--------------

Does anyone else have ideas about most suitable combination?

------------

I'm finding my new speakers. I really like Sony ssg-??? and Kenwood kl-???. Does anyone have experience with this speakers?

Thanks

Finaly I choose, buy, made the new covers, build the stands and start use my new speakers Kenwood KL 888 S.

IMG_20210311_214411.jpg

IMG_20210311_215128.jpg
IMG_20210311_214333.jpg
IMG_20210311_212108.jpg
IMG_20210311_203300.jpg

Hi experts...

I have following issue and I believe You are gonna help me out. See this picture:

IMG_20210402_134059.jpg

This is setup I want to have. But issue is I cannot regulate volume on B front and A front speakers separatelly (if I use A+B settings).

Any ideas? Does exist anything I can put to the sound way (to the sound wire) and somehow decrease volume of B Front Speaker? Maybe resistor, capacitor, or something else? I will set it up onec and then dont touch that... So it can be passive part.

Thanks for advice.

Hi experts...

I have following issue and I believe You are gonna help me out. See this picture:

View attachment 65393

This is setup I want to have. But issue is I cannot regulate volume on B front and A front speakers separatelly (if I use A+B settings).

Any ideas? Does exist anything I can put to the sound way (to the sound wire) and somehow decrease volume of B Front Speaker? Maybe resistor, capacitor, or something else? I will set it up onec and then dont touch that... So it can be passive part.

Thanks for advice.
You could do it by running the B speakers from a separate amplifier with it's own volume control.

Or you could wire in an L-Pad such as this L-Pad 100W Mono 3/8" Shaft 8 Ohm | eBay
to reduce the level of the B speakers.

Thanks @par4ken I knew the such thing exists. :) Of course I need it from one amp. My wife would be mad if I had two of them... :)

Lask thing is to buy it in Czech Rep. :) Hope i found some..

Thanks again...

@par4ken - question. What does 100w means? Does it mean it goes to speaker with 100w rms? What if speaker gonna be stronger or weaker? Can it cause demage?

@par4ken - question. What does 100w means? Does it mean it goes to speaker with 100w rms? What if speaker gonna be stronger or weaker? Can it cause demage?
100W is it's power rating, it can handle 100 Watts safely without burning out. You can get them with lower power ratings but for what you want to do I would use ones with a higher rating for better reliability. It is just a resistor, so it has no minimum drive requirements; you can use it reliably with lower powered amps. I'm sure you could use a 50W one as well without any problem. The drawback of using this approach is that you are wasting a bit of the amplifiers power.

I agree. L-pads.

Are you trying to fill a hole between the fronts?

Back