• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

How to Receive Your Replacement Blu-Ray of Opeth's "Pale Communion"

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
i do not have this yet but want it. roadrunners shipping is a bit high...but assume thats the only way i would be assured of getting the corrected disc? without listening..is there any distinction between bad and corrected disc?
I'd just buy (a defective) one (from your seller of choice) and order a replacement (as above) - while they're still available...

corneredcat

600 Club - QQ All-Star
thanks all...ordered! $15 amazon prime is awesome...my last purchase using the free 30 day Prime trial before i have to cancel. will have it by tuesday so i can then redeem code

ProgRules

600 Club - QQ All-Star
So- I did the redemption thing and only got an email re: the d/l's. I called Amazon and they wanted me to return it and check another copy- they said they wanted to know if they had a bunch of bad ones (CS rep told me there had been no reports of bad discs- I told him the thread where I found out about the authoring problem had a post from someone who'd returned his disc to Amazon?!?!? Anyway, same deal, uncorrected disc. So I emailed CS at the warner redemption site and included the directions from the 1st post; told them I'd never heard back about a replacement. I goit a reply w/ a new code that took me to an order page for a replacement at no charge. Got an email confirming order then another confirming shipping.

So- if you haven't been able to get a replacement, you can try that.

Curious how hard this thing will hit once it's more in phase. It's pretty dynamic now, but even phatter low end will make it even better. Love this mix- even on defective disc.

IIRC- even the corrected disc still has one channel out of phase? The sub channel? If that's all, I can easily change phase 180 on my sub. Will check back in poll thread. Looking forward to the corrected disc- really liking the original. Now metal at all really, but progressive. Never heard Opeth before. Loved Akerfeldt's work w/ SW on Storm Corrosion- led me to this.

Simon M

I acquired a replacement disc way back when, but it seems through poor house keeping I haven't labelled the defective one properly! As far as I can remember the replacement disc has poorer printing on it but for the life of me I can't remember what the actual problems were on the original disc so I can work out which is which, can anyone remember?

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Yeah, the faulty one had virtually no bass. It was because the phase was inverted on the LFE channel, if I remember correctly?

Group builder