DIGITAL How To Temporarily Fix "Sparkle In The Rain" Surround Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are the front L/R and rear L/R in the correct front to back positions?
That is, is the front L actually the front and not the back? and same for the right channel?
Reason I ask is that someone on the SH forums claims that the reverb seems the wrong way around, just as if the front L is actually in the rear L position and same for the right channel. Or do they just have things setup incorrectly and the position is correct and only the levels are wrong?

So are the front L/R and rear L/R in the correct front to back positions?
That is, is the front L actually the front and not the back? and same for the right channel?
Reason I ask is that someone on the SH forums claims that the reverb seems the wrong way around, just as if the front L is actually in the rear L position and same for the right channel. Or do they just have things setup incorrectly and the position is correct and only the levels are wrong?

Having listened to some of the iso tracks, I think I can explain that. The fronts have vocal reverb and delay while the surrounds have just a slight delay. That's a perfectly valid way of handling vocals and should make them sound fuller. If you've never mixed before, you might think that is backwards.

This is a case of without knowing what the original mix was supposed to sound like, it's very difficult (impossible) to make that judgement.

And easier one would be a percussion instrument in the front center where the front delays were greater than the back delays. That would be an easier one to hear and jump to a valid conclusion.

To my ears the channels are assigned properly just the surrounds need a slightly greater decrease in level than the fronts.

Andy

Am I supposed to assume that all discs are going to have a problem, so I shouldn't pre-order them?

I find myself almost reaching that point. In fact, I waited and waited to order "Sparkle in the Rain" for exactly that reason. I finally gave in...and the next day started reading about the issues.

The main posts about this album was closed for some reason.

Has anyone got the fixed version yet?

Back