Howard Jones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
From an interview with Howard Jones over at SDE:

SDE: You put out a video collection where you remixed a lot of it into 5.1. Are you going to consider for the future, with Cherry Red, maybe doing some surround sound versions?

HJ: I absolutely want to. I’ve already been talking to Steve about it. Steve Tayler who’s already been doing some… well, he’s done loads for me personally and he’s been doing some work for Cherry Red as well. And as the person who actually recorded it and mixed it, he’s the absolutely perfect person to do it. He’ll know what … people don’t want to hear it completely as another thing. They want to hear it as familiar but you can hear into the sound with 5.1.

Sad thing about the video collection is that it is a mediocre up mix. His Piano Solos 5.1 and Engage 5.1 mixes are slightly better. If HoJo does another 5.1, I hope Steve Taylor, or whoever does this, is able use the 5.1 surround field to its full advantage. The 24/96 possibility of those first two albums would be very cool too.

Sad thing about the video collection is that it is a mediocre up mix. His Piano Solos 5.1 and Engage 5.1 mixes are slightly better. If HoJo does another 5.1, I hope Steve Taylor, or whoever does this, is able use the 5.1 surround field to its full advantage. The 24/96 possibility of those first two albums would be very cool too.

an upmix.. phew! thanks Bender you just saved me a loada bother and a loada dough! (y)

Hope these get done. Shame they didn't get mixed and included in the new boxsets of the first two albums... surround versions are the only thing that would have made them essential.

Music DVDs are virtually dead apart from music documentaries and the odd concert. I used to buy a lot of music DVDs but they have been very thin picking these days sadly.
The best of them for surround are The Police one, Queens Greatest Hits and Peter Gabriel music video compilations.

Back