Howdie From Incline Village, Nevada!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidd

Hi all,

My name is David Delbridge and I produce music in high-resolution surround sound. I studied computer science at the Pennsylvania State University and music business and technology at the Berklee College of Music.

My studio was built for 5.1 surround sound, but I'm finding quad to be the better format for certain projects - particularly instrumentals, where there isn't a dominant lead vocalist or instrument to benefit from the center channel. And, of course, for music, there's really no need for an LFE (low-frequency "effects") channel.

I have some questions specific to quad music production, distribution and consumption and figured this would be the ideal community to help. Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

My name is David Delbridge and I produce music in high-resolution surround sound. I studied computer science at the Pennsylvania State University and music business and technology at the Berklee College of Music.

My studio was built for 5.1 surround sound, but I'm finding quad to be the better format for certain projects - particularly instrumentals, where there isn't a dominant lead vocalist or instrument to benefit from the center channel. And, of course, for music, there's really no need for an LFE (low-frequency "effects") channel.

I have some questions specific to quad music production, distribution and consumption and figured this would be the ideal community to help. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.
You came to the right place.

If you have any interest in distributing encoded quad mixes as stereo, take a look here and meet our resident mad scientist and strictly quad curmudgeon @chucky3042 .

https://involveaudio.com/creators-makers/

Back