I’ve Joined the Tate family!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

quadaholic

Well this is one of the things that is so great about this site! Bob saw it, he reached out, and despite the passage of all this time and whatever hurt feelings from years past, we are all good, and its been resolved, and my amp will be coming home soon. Thanks to all of you who may have contributed to this great outcome after all these years. Its made my day to have this resolved after so long. It really is best to always hold out the best in people and not be judgmental. Thanks again to all of you and, thanks, Bob.
Marcsten, this is great news that you finally have your gear sorted! I recently got 2 snare drums back from a repair person who had had them for at least 5 or 6 years. It was a very odd situation with me calling every few months, but I have to say, the work was awesome. We're all good now as well.

doity

300 Club - QQ All-Star
FWIW, I finally got my Tetrasound back from it’s doctor's visit. I put it off for close to a year but it is finally ready to join it’s place amongst my other vintage Quad gear.

For anyone that is looking for someone to overhaul their Tate, I can suggest Inner Sound here in Portland. You can even ship to them as that is what I did even though they are close by. Total for the recap was less than $200. They have been in business since I can remember so they can be trusted.

3D7162A3-BF48-4A6B-ACC4-EFB2B23DCF34.jpeg

furui_suterioo

500 Club - QQ All-Star
FWIW, I finally got my Tetrasound back from it’s doctor's visit. I put it off for close to a year but it is finally ready to join it’s place amongst my other vintage Quad gear.

For anyone that is looking for someone to overhaul their Tate, I can suggest Inner Sound here in Portland. You can even ship to them as that is what I did even though they are close by. Total for the recap was less than $200. They have been in business since I can remember so they can be trusted.

View attachment 69295
How is sounding? Maybe I should send them my 101a and S&IC, that shop is close to where it was "born"(the Audionics).

doity

300 Club - QQ All-Star
How is sounding? Maybe I should send them my 101a and S&IC, that shop is close to where it was "born"(the Audionics).
Haven’t set it up yet. It actually sounded pretty nice beforehand except for some scratchy controls. They do good work.....they rehabbed my old Marantz 4400 which included fixing the scope. They work on pretty much everything but they might need the schematic for the S&IC since it is pretty obscure and a fairly complicated piece. Or maybe not if it is just a simple fix or just a recap.

par4ken

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Haven’t set it up yet. It actually sounded pretty nice beforehand except for some scratchy controls. They do good work.....they rehabbed my old Marantz 4400 which included fixing the scope. They work on pretty much everything but they might need the schematic for the S&IC since it is pretty obscure and a fairly complicated piece. Or maybe not if it is just a simple fix or just a recap.
It's easy to re-cap the S&IC, you should use film type coupling capacitors as there is lots of room. The schematics can be downloaded from Steve Kennedy's site. Links are posted here as well if you search around for them.