I am (not) the quadiophiliac

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we do need to be clear that there are Surround recordings being released every week - and in some cases, twice a week.
And they are in markets where listeners are still buying albums. Something the record labels and music companies are always interested in! :)

And quite thankfully, I do visit HRAudio.net a few times a week and the multichannel Classical SACDs and mostly Stereo Jazz SACDs are still being released in 'measurable' quantities. And they are 99% European and Japanese releases.

And quite thankfully, I do visit HRAudio.net a few times a week and the multichannel Classical SACDs and mostly Stereo Jazz SACDs are still being released in 'measurable' quantities.

And if you visit NativeDSD, you will see that they are releasing Multichannel DSD titles from an ever increasing number of record labels and music companies (65 and counting).
In some cases, twice a week. With 1,128 Multichannel DSD releases - of which 171 are DSD Exclusive, Not Available on SACD titles.

With more albums - and record labels - to come.... :)

Quad has always been a niche market. We are becoming a larger percentage of the record buying public. Hence, we become more important to the record industry, relatively speaking.

The first time I heard Quad was '70 or '71 in my own home. I set up Dad's 2ch system in my room along with my own. One FM station broadcasted the fronts, another broadcast the rears. I WAS HOOKED. Mostly they played Vanguard Quad reels. A year or two later, I started buying Quad LP's. A few months after that, I bought a Q8 recorder and tapes.

I've never stopped buying surround formats and never will.

Would I buy more surround if it were released? Absolutely! Still, I think even rock fans must admit that there are more new surround releases/reissues recently than there have been in an awfully long time.

A time will come, hopefully sooner rather than later when the record companies realize they can release any/all of their existing surround mixes and make $$$$. I await the opening of the floodgates.

My video on surround sound has been posted to Steve's channel.

Thank you so much AoQ for inviting us into your home and representing our surround community. Well done and a good reminder to visit your youtube channel again:
The Quadcast
And would love more videos if you can find the time.
Also, was that a Zappa T shirt there AoQ?

Back