i can and have watched these movies 100 times or more - im sure you have a list too -

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w.a.reid

500 Club - QQ All-Star
i can and have watched these movies 100 times or more - im sure you have a list too that youve watched 100 times or more - tell me - maybe i need to watch them too.

man bites dog - long screwed-up version
taxi driver
raising arizona
waiting for guffman
spinal tap
das boot
buffalo 66
apocalypse now - NOT THE REDUX VERSION

i will add to this as my brain wakes up.

w.a.reid

Blow Up
Paths of Glory - Kubrik
Pandora's Box - Louise Brooks in 1927
Not a movie but 1970s Brit Com "Doctor In the House"....mindless highjinks at medical school....can't be beat.
John S.

Maybe not 100 times each but I would bet at least 50 times each

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Valley Girl
Night Shift
Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Jesus Christ Superstar
Godspell
Guys & Dolls

Not sure about 100 times, but I'm a sucker for the cheap stuff:

Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
Groundhog Day
Stripes
Night Shift (Good one, Bob)
Blues Brothers
Tootsie

I'll add more later

Close to 100 times on some (but one... more than 100... :eek:)
It helped that I worked as a projectionist in theaters for 20 years!

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Star Wars (the original 3)
Airplane
The Blues Brothers
Tootsie
War Games
Monty Python's Life Of Brian
The 10 Commandments
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
West Side Story

-Bob

Independence Day
Contact
Fire In The Sky
Overboard
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Halloween
Groundhog Day (Maybe it just seems like 100 times)
Predator
The Shining

w. a. reid; great thread!
The Fifth Element
2001: a space oddyssey
Horsefeathers
French Kiss
Enter the Dragon
Return of the Dragon (the one in Rome)
Monkey Business
Animal Crackers

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones (my friend was an usher at the theater back in our high school days. We got in for free and saw it several times a day, every day, for it's entire multi-week run back in the 70's. We partied with the projectionist up in the booth quite often too :smokin)
Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Clockwork Orange
Citizen Kane (spent an entire semester studying this movie in film school, and I still love it!)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Princess Bride
The Big Lebowski
The Godfather I & II
The Matrix
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 remake, same scenario as Stones movie above :smokin)

bullitt
crumb
gates of heaven
shaun of the dead
the young ones - every episode
brazil
office space

hmm, think i watched eps IV, V, VI of the star wars movies, umm, 3 times each. maybe.
that's the max for any movie.

Pink Floyd Pulse, Kings of Leon Live Blu Ray, Clockwork Orange, It Might Gert Loud Jimmy Page (Led Zepplin Edge (U2) jack White (The Whitestripes- Blu Ray, Cheech & Chong Up In Smoke, Peter Gabriel Secret World Live, Yes Live at Montreau HD DVD, The Doors.

I guess this thread is dependant on whether the original poster, William, literally meant 100 times or just in the sense of A WHOLE BUNCH (or too many times to count.) I guess I took it as the later because I can't honestly say I've actually ever watched any movie 100 times.

Take the Wizard Of Oz for example. I probably saw it every year as a kid, so maybe 10 times and perhaps another 25 as an adult. To watch the same movie for almost 60 hours in any lifetime IMHO is A WHOLE BUNCH.

Now, if you applied this to music, I actually have quite a few albums that would fit the description of 100 times. The Who - Who's Next comes to mind. I wore out a couple LP's, an 8-Track cart and a pair of headphones on that one (not to mention some hearing loss). I think I now have at least 6 copies of that recording in one format or another.

Dennis

I surely have not seen any movie more than 10 times.

Most of the movies I have seen multiple times stops only at twice or thrice.
Seen only a few movies 4-6 times. Die Hard, Terminator 2 comes to mind.

Back