I have been and still pretty ill these last 4 years so I ask the dumb questions. Can I convert EASILY convert the SACDs DTS DVD-A to files?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(*) in order to get a Iso image from a SACD, you need a player compatible with a software tool. Here's some info:
Good but note that there are other players that are capable of this function including Oppo and Pioneer.
Note, too, that there are many tools in addition to foobar2000 that will do the conversions.
If the OP will search this forum or, for greater depth, www.audiophilestyle.com he may find these additional options and more.

L need easy or someone who does such services - or is it impossible?

This is the up to date list of players known and proved to rip SACD's

Sony brand compatible Blu-ray players:
BDP-S390 (also sold as BX39 in some markets)
BDP-S490
BDP-S590 (also sold as BX59 in some markets)
BDP-S4100
BDP-S5100 (also sold as BX510 in some markets)
BDP-S6200 * (also sold as BX620 in some markets, requires Sony ARMv7 AutoScript version developed Feb. 2019)
BDP-S7200 * (requires Sony ARMv7 AutoScript version developed Feb. 2019)
BDP-S790 * (requires Sony ARMv7 AutoScript version developed Feb. 2019)

Pioneer brand compatible Blu-ray players:
BDP-80FD
BDP-160
BDP-170

Oppo brand compatible Blu-ray players:
BDP-103 and 103D
BDP-105 and 105D

Cambridge brand compatible Blu-ray players:
Azur 752BD
CXU

Arcam brand compatible Blu-ray & CD/SACD players:
FMJ UDP411
FMJ CDS27

Primare brand compatible Blu-ray player:
BD32 MkII

Electrocompaniet brand compatible Blu-ray player:
EMP3

Hope you get better real soon.

What's the best solution for doing this? Which player is the easiest to find and has a reasonable cost? thx
Hi
From experience, I would say the Sony Players are the more plentiful and cost effective.
I used eBay to find my Sony S4100.

But depending on where you live, you may have access to other for sale sites.

Obviously the condition is important as it needs to give you confidence that it will perform what's required.

I started a thread using my experience along with a fellow QQ'r 'Pupster's, to try to give easy to follow instructions as to what's required.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-blu-ray-players-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/

absolutely, follow beers thread it is excellent I found a sony 5100 on ebay for like 60.00 us and his instruction thread works flawlessly for SACD conversion, for DVDA I rip to iso with dvdfab or other and convert to flac with foo,
Great to read that you have had success with the ripping process, using the thread.

It can be daunting for folk to approach and use this technique, if they have never done anything like this before, It certainly was for me.

this going to take a long time................ As I am, blind in my r eye and the left is 80% operationall - so my Opo 203 will not work? I have 103 and a 103 d but need to set them up. This maybe too time consuming.n I gotta think this through I am thankful for the very detailed answers and appreciatee your efforts. -Rik

this going to take a long time................ As I am, blind in my r eye and the left is 80% operationall - so my Opo 203 will not work? I have 103 and a 103 d but need to set them up. This maybe too time consuming.n I gotta think this through I am thankful for the very detailed answers and appreciatee your efforts. -Rik
Hi Rik
Sorry again to read about your health issues.
Your Oppo 103's will work, the 203 will not I'm afraid.
You need to have the correct autoscripts to use the thread I set up.
They are from this site:

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/page-2
If you have any problems let us know and the folk here will provide all the help they can.
Alternatively you could reach out to the moderator over at HIFi Haven ...a very helpful chap called Mickey Fresh .
Best Wishes
Mike

Hello Rik,

I think it would be helpful to understand your computer capabilities also, like PC or Mac Operating system, wired network access etc...
Also do you have large hard drive space for the resulting ripped files, because it may take Terabytes of storage depending on your collection size.

One of the better software rippers for DVD-A is the "DVD Audio Extractor" on this web page!
It includes an online database for filling in the meta-data for many titles and is pretty easy to use.
It does have a cost of about $39 I believe, after a 30 day trial period. But if you have lots of DVD-As it would be well worth it.

Also I use Foobar2000 quite a bit for various projects, but it can be somewhat difficult to set up. But it is free and will convert many formats to wav. or flac files.

DTS, sometimes can be a little booger (depending on title.)
Don't know if you have any Blu-ray titles, but other software that has ripping value are:
MakeMKV and AudioMuxer however they take a little more time and effort to use.

It might go easier to take one thing at a time like DVD-Audios and worry about the SACDs later when you have more experience with the file work. That's what I did. The SACD rips can be difficult to set up at first, but once you have all the settings right, it can actually be one of the easier ripping processes of any of them.

I will reiterate @dr. simple's suggestion to read up a little more (especially the first page) of @HomerJAU's excellent thread that goes into greater detail on many of these issues HERE!

Hope that helps some, any other questions just let the questions fly, and I'm sure someone here will help out.

Keep on truckin' pardner 🤠

Sorry to hear about your health. Perhaps there is a QQ member in your area who is willing to help you out on site?

just gonna chip in briefly, its good to have you back at QQ rikpepe and hope you get well soon. if that's not something on the immediate horizon, i sincerely hope it is all in Surround if at all possible and anything we can do we're here, certainly my door is always open PM anytime 👍

Where in CT are you? I am in New Milford most weekends.

I wonder if there’s a Amazon Alexia or equivalent Voice Controll interface for a media player that would allow vision impaired users to select an album or song to play? Especially if it could play your surround music.

There maybe something for Kodi. I’ll check.

Anyone here with knowledge or experience?

Back