I just bought this Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabio Mittino & Bert Lams
http://www.mittinolams.com/Movimenti
24-96 stereo. It is short, but wonderful.
They didn't offer the package I wanted to a quick email got a response from Fabio with everything I requested and a price.

Three from OSI, all from us.7digital:

Office of Strategic Influence
Blood
Fire Make Thunder

Also ordered Free on CD from amazon.

Don't know how I missed these guys. Found them when I made a station from "The Depth of Self Delusion" by Riverside on Apple Music.

It's not DSD, but there's no seperate thread or forum for regular PCM multichannel downloads...but just picked up the new BIS release of Schubert's Wintereisse for $10 (new release discount) from eClassical: https://www.eclassical.com/performers/mattei-peter/peter-mattei-sings-schuberts-winterreise.html

Their daily deal today is also a superb set of Sibelius's complete Lemminkäinen Suite and the Wood-Nymph, in stereo and surround, for $7: https://www.eclassical.com/labels/bis/sibelius-lemminkainen-suite-the-wood-nymph.html

It's not DSD, but there's no seperate thread or forum for regular PCM multichannel downloads...but just picked up the new BIS release of Schubert's Wintereisse for $10 (new release discount) from eClassical: https://www.eclassical.com/performers/mattei-peter/peter-mattei-sings-schuberts-winterreise.html

Their daily deal today is also a superb set of Sibelius's complete Lemminkäinen Suite and the Wood-Nymph, in stereo and surround, for $7: https://www.eclassical.com/labels/bis/sibelius-lemminkainen-suite-the-wood-nymph.html

Thanks, @ubertrout. I was mulling whether to pull the trigger on Winterreise. I didn't get the memo about the Sibelius, though. Such a deal!

B/t/w: here's the FLAC thread--whose title doesn't read quite the same as the DSD one. I've long wished that all of the "What's Your Latest" threads were titled similarly--and that they were stickies. (Nudge-nudge, mods!)

Last edited:
There's no seperate thread or forum for regular PCM multichannel downloads.

Not yet. :)

There has been discussion among the moderators about creating areas for Multichannel PCM Downloads and Multichannel DSD Downloads under the "Modern MultiChannel Sound & Systems" section in recognition of the growth of Multichannel Downloads. A change from the past where Modern Multichannel meant optical discs only.

I'd guess that it is a likely addition, along with an Auro-3D section in the future in that QQ forum section.

Not yet. :)

There has been discussion among the moderators about creating areas for Multichannel PCM Downloads and Multichannel DSD Downloads under the "Modern MultiChannel Sound & Systems" section in recognition of the growth of Multichannel Downloads. A change from the past where Modern Multichannel meant optical discs only.

I'd guess that it is a likely addition, along with an Auro-3D section in the future in that QQ forum section.
I don't really understand why there's a seperate Atmos forum, and I really don't see the need for an Auro-3D forum as well given the relative paucity of titles. But if there's going to be a whole section for downloads of different stripes then fine I guess?

I don't really understand why there's a seperate Atmos forum, and I really don't see the need for an Auro-3D forum as well given the relative paucity of titles. But if there's going to be a whole section for downloads of different stripes then fine I guess?

There already is a DSD Downloads "sub-section" (under Multichannel SACDs) that covers Stereo and Multichannel DSD Downloads.
That could be promoted into a Multichannel DSD section with Stereo DSD Downloads as a separate sub-forum.

A Multichannel PCM section could be established along with one for Auro 3D.
At the moment, there is more activity in Auro 3D music releases than Atmos. Dolby is working to change that, of course.... :)

Let's stop with the "we need a new forum section for....." stuff.

We have ENOUGH new forum sections. This place is getting out of control.
There is a already a forum called "Auro 3D, DTS-X, DSD Downloads and other new media" and it's not really racking up the posts. There is an Atmos exclusive forum because that's where the most activity and interest is. If these other formats and schemes do that, then maybe I'll reconsider. But honestly, I've created forum sections for requests by members before and those sections have pretty much collected crickets.

So for now we'll all just have to suffer through with the forum sections that are there.

Instead of all these new forums, why not just have one for high-res downloads, (stereo and MCH) not per se focused on DSD, which is only a part of the market. Agreed we don't need a new forum for every format.

Instead of all these new forums, why not just have one for high-res downloads, (stereo and MCH) not per se focused on DSD, which is only a part of the market. Agreed we don't need a new forum for every format.

Second that.

And to be clear: for my part, I'm not stumping for any new forums at all. I just really enjoy hearing about people's latest purchases (and, occasionally, bragging about mine). There are distinct threads for SACD & Blu-Ray, DVD-A, DVD-V (separate ones for music- and concert-related), DSD, and FLAC, and if they haven't been active in a while it's often hard to find some of them. Just thinking a consistent naming convention, whether "What's Your Latest X" or "I Just Bought This X" might make searching easier.

Henry Brant, Ice Field (SFS Media 24/48 download only). San Francisco Symphony, Michael Tilson Thomas. A binaural recording that they're confusingly (confusedly?) touting as "Atmos." (I wrote about that on another thread.) $6.99 at HDTracks and ProStudio Masters, $5.99 at Qobuz.

190296892226-cover-zoom-400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Downloading now from HDTracks, Stones in Buenas Aires, Fleetwood Mac 1968-1970, Peter Gabriel US and SO, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, May The Circle Be Unbroken, Ronnie Wood and his Wild Five, John Fogerty 50 years live, Johnny Cash, At San Quentin, and Man In Black, all stereo of course.

Back