I just bought this Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of recent purchases from eClassical - at half off they were $12 and $9 respectively, for downloads that include stereo and MCH highres as well as CD resolution and MP3.

61vLHMcErZL._SX500_.jpg
71Y6xlkgl0L._SL500_.jpg

Oh boy......Clint will turn over in his grave.....oops....well...not his grave. but....

I just bought Led Zeppelin (one).......FLAC 96khz.....hehe. I honestly cannot wait to see what this sounds like....I have multiple CD's of this title...so will be easy to compare.

XWAR20143F96__99376__08122014113845-3459.jpg

:ROFLMAO: Just found this thread, and then realized its 4 years old; I'm way behind the curve here!

Anyway, I've bought these (all flac 96/24) from hdtracks:

Santana - Moonflower
Don Henley - Building the Perfect Beast
Pretenders - Get Close (One of my absolute favorite albums!)
Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits
Jeff Beck - There and Back (Fav JB album)
Led Zeppelin - III (Love the acoustic music on this one y'all missin' out on this one!)

Burned them all to DVD-A.

Brian M. is right IMO about "The Cars" , I've got the MOFI SACD and it's epic!

Many of these sound a little too bright on the high end to me, but then I don't consider myself a true audiophile.

Good gosh all mighty could really go broke on this stuff!:cautious:

A couple of recent purchases from eClassical - at half off they were $12 and $9 respectively, for downloads that include stereo and MCH highres as well as CD resolution and MP3.

61vLHMcErZL._SX500_.jpg
71Y6xlkgl0L._SL500_.jpg
I liked the Beethoven. I am a fan of those sonatas but the Bagatelles will need some repetition if perhaps I can warm up to them
I was bored by the Mahler. There are many more interesting performances.

I liked the Beethoven. I am a fan of those sonatas but the Bagatelles will need some repetition if perhaps I can warm up to them

Agreed on the Mahler (although I liked Vanska's 5th and 6th). Still, I bought it because I want to show continuing support for this cycle--and to Robert, for continuing to offer worthy new recordings at such great discounts.

I have many of them (re the Mahler), but I was curious to see if the experience in surround captured a bit more of the feeling of hearing the piece live than the typical recording. Which is another way of saying I haven't actually listened yet.

I have many of them (re the Mahler), but I was curious to see if the experience in surround captured a bit more of the feeling of hearing the piece live than the typical recording. Which is another way of saying I haven't actually listened yet.
Understood. I have many M2s, 9 in multichannel, but nothing (and I mean nothing) compares to what I hear live!

Understood. I have many M2s, 9 in multichannel, but nothing (and I mean nothing) compares to what I hear live!
For sure! But isn't getting close to that, on demand, why we engage in this whole ridiculous enterprise, annoying our significant others by jamming speakers in all manner of places they don't belong?

For sure! But isn't getting close to that, on demand, why we engage in this whole ridiculous enterprise, annoying our significant others by jamming speakers in all manner of places they don't belong?
Sure. It should be clear that I am in agreement with this and have devoted years of effort in the attempt. In fact, listening to the M2 (Bernstein/NYPO on Columbia LP) was my first time hearing the piece and it walloped me. It is just that your comment triggered a reflection on the several times I have heard the M2 live and that flash of memory simply overwhelmed my thoughts about the recordings.

I love Houses of The Holy...probably my favorite Zep album...but...well...ugh on the download part...I need to get that one on an early version CD...I have sworn that I wouldn't buy any more Zep music until Jimmy Page was not involved in the production...last purchases were the 1990 double CD "remasters" and then the ill fated Celebration concert blu ray...both flops...

Update:...I got that 1990 double CD set back out(title is remasters) and listened to disc 2 and it's not as bad as I remembered...so thank you Gos for mentioning Zep
LMAFO!

Back