I like this music related book.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I thought I would start a new thread, maybe, couldn't find another. I like reading music related books, artist bio's, equipment etc.
My friend got this for me as a Christmas present, Jim Marshall essay and photo book. Lots of cool pictures.
51LOTfCjsYL._SY407_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I thought I would start a new thread, maybe, couldn't find another. I like reading music related books, artist bio's, equipment etc.
My friend got this for me as a Christmas present, Jim Marshall essay and photo book. Lots of cool pictures.
View attachment 45600
Who is that on the cover? I'm gonna guess Peter Frampton? šŸ˜¬ (not sure if he jumps around)

Great thread topic. I love reading and collecting music related books. This is my latest and is highly recommended. Sid Smith knows his King Crimson and is a great writer to boot. Ordered it from Burning Shed and it came with a Sid signed postcard and a coaster. Donā€™t mind my boy Pablo!
618890CF-4526-46C6-82FF-D0C48469D3B1.jpeg
Ok

Great thread topic. I love reading and collecting music related books. This is my latest and is highly recommended. Sid Smith knows his King Crimson and is a great writer to boot. Ordered it from Burning Shed and it came with a Sid signed postcard and a coaster. Donā€™t mind my boy Pablo!
View attachment 45617Ok

I was him taking about this for the word in your ear podcast last week. Have a listen - it's out now. Also at the same recording session Mike Barnes on his new day yesterday book (70s UK prog) - out soon. Also now up and worth a listen.

As a collector of live music, I found this to be a fascinating read:
Bootleg: The Secret History of the Other Recording Industry

That said, I am grateful that it is no longer necessary to pay illegal profiteers for collectable music, as it is very easy with the internet to get such music for free. I am heartened that the ethos of most of these outlets is "do not sell this music, and do not post officially available music."

As for official music, I still prefer to pay for legitimate hard copy product.

As a collector of live music, I found this to be a fascinating read:
Bootleg: The Secret History of the Other Recording Industry

That said, I am grateful that it is no longer necessary to pay illegal profiteers for collectable music, as it is very easy with the internet to get such music for free. I am heartened that the ethos of most of these outlets is "do not sell this music, and do not post officially available music."

As for official music, I still prefer to pay for legitimate hard copy product.
Might have to check that out. Turns out that even though we have officially condoned (or at least put up with) trading forums online, there still be bootleggers out there making CDs. There is a band I follow somewhat obsessively and have participated in trading and working on live recordings and now I've been bootlegged! Feels simultaneously exciting and dirty.

Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years

Love this book. 800 pages and it only goes to 1962 on the eve of their second EMI single Please Please Me.

It was fascinating to read about their childhoods growing up in liverpool what rock singles they bought and B sides they learned and John and Paul's songwriting starting as teenagers (Love me Do dates from then). All the places they played including in Hamburg are detailed.

There are parallel stories following Ringo Starr before he joined, George Martins background and Brian Epstein's family history and NEMS music store business. As well as Stu Sutcliffe and Pete Best.
There is a special edition of this book at 1600 pages that is reviewed very well. Cant see how there can ever be a more documented book on the Beatles with more revelations than this.
Hint George Martin did not sign the Beatles he was stuck with them as punishment for an affair he was having and he gave Love Me do no promotion.

I am waiting for volume 2 but we mostly know the later history.

Last edited:
This story unfolded in my back yard in Livermore, CA, I was 13 told my Mom and Dad I was going to hitch hike there and they said no and clamped me down. This book is a fascinating story as to the events that led up to the infamous concert to the murder of a concert goer, the aftermath and the Stones high tailing it back to England taking no responsibility. Fascinating reading.
51wvG55WUEL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I got a Hamilton Bookstore Catalog the other day and I went online and placed a quite big order...

THIS one is awesome!!! Seeing their CLASSIC lighting rig in 3D! Thank goodness I am really good at the "drift eye" method ...I started with the "Cross Eyed" method which I think is easier.. the book has a "Viewer" to assist those who are not that "eye fit"
4882601A.JPG

and then , to interesting stuff...
4935349A.JPG

and curiouser and curiouser...
4935799A.JPG

and then some more...
4986849A.JPG

And , of course , some FUN STUFF!!!!
dang, these were $49.95 when they came out but now they are $12!!! deffo worth it..
3905357A.JPG

too bad the movie was such a dud... the only good thing that it had was STANA KATIC!!!!
tumblr_pdjp7iRkeO1xwgc25o2_1280.jpg

oops! How did a SEXY pic of Stana find its way here?...mmm. one of those "lanky brunettes with wicked jaws" which Nick Charles craved!

Back