i need help?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ed1965

i have a dav-600g selector and i was wondering how i hook it up to my receiver along with my eq?thanks
ed

Hey, it just happens that I have that selector. DBX, right? Why don't you connect the equalizer to the Audio A proc jacks. The equalizer is a signal processor. This will allow you to cut it in and out as needed. I don't have any manuals on this unit, and I can't see the back without pulling the rack out or it out of the rack, but I assume the jacks are labeled the same way as the controls. However, if that isn't enough info, I will do it and tell you which jacks to connect to where. Remember, outputs go to inputs.

The Quadfather

Email me at [email protected] and tell me what you are connecting it to. Is your receiver a modern DTS receiver or is it a quadraphonic receiver (or stereo)? Of course, this switch is strictly 2 channel, so you will need two for quad. For a receiver, on the old stuff, you generally use the tape monitor connections, often referred as the tape loop. If you do not need to switch signals from inside the receiver, (such as FM radio) you can connect the switcher to the auxillary inputs (aux) I use the aux inputs because the switch only handles two channel and pro logic encoded audio for movies and video for me. I would also suggest that you contact DBX and obtain an operator's manual. It sounds like you need one. I wouldn't mind having one myself. It is a very versatile switcher, and if I didn't already have Sansui AX-7 mixers to handle quad and DTS, I would find two more. (then I could use the three video portions of the switches for RGB video!) Anyway, I'll get back with you on the hookups.

The Quadfather

Hey, I just sold one of those on eBay! Ed, are you the one who bought mine?

Anyway, that has to be the most robust switcher I have ever used. It is incredibly versatile. It can be a little intimidating to use, but it's fairly straight-forward. Before answering the question "How do I hook it up?" you need to answer the question "What do I hope to accomplish?"

ok guys,i want to hookup a tape deck,cdr,and reel to reel to the tapes 12 and 3 also,i want to hookup 2 vcrs and a betamax to the vcrs 1,2 and 3 and be able to record from any of the sources.i have a pioneer vsx-d810s surround prologic receiver and a eq by sony that has line ,tape 1,and tape 2.i just won the ebay buy it now for 99.00 ,of a dav-600g selector . so, how can i hookup this mess....lol thanks for the help
ed

Well, it's pretty straightforward. Outputs from the sources go to inputs on the switchbox. Outputs from the switchbox go to inputs on the sources. I know the switchbox is labeled very clearly. Just hook it up and start pushing buttons. You'll figure it out.

Back