I took a Moog classic, popcorn (1969) and performed it on Buchla 208c in quadraphonic, then converted to binaural

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

QQ Supporter

I recorded it in quad:
I'm using the 2 channels from the Buchla 208c, one goes via the Echophon, the other direct into a Koma Electronic Poltergeist to animate these 2 channels.

I mixed/mastered in 5.1 on Logic Pro X then converted it to binaural using Noisemakers Binauralizer studio.

Youtube does not do 5.1 (it accepts it, I see files in 5.1 but there are no players) so I think this is the best I can do in this format.

I'm curious what you think of the spatialization and if you have different DAW flows or tips to release music.

Wheee! Fun in the 'phones!

I'm afraid I don't have any useful tips at this time, just a big thumbs-up. I'm in the process of getting back into this stuff after a very long absence. Many projects in the fire at once - building a TTSH, restoring an old Aries modular I built 45 years ago(!), plus a bunch of smaller parts including a dual Wilson Analog Delay, etc. etc. (Just built another small Eurorack module last night.)

Eventually I intend to set up a small studio in an unused bedroom here & see what kind of noises I can make with all this stuff! So I tip my hat to you for putting it out there.

Back