I was out scoring today!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KR-9940

Well today I decided to go out looking for vintage stuff. I drove 110 miles round trip buying....I did no looking. First off I met a guy off craigslist that had a whole system. Bought it all in 1975. Even had all the paperwork and receipts. Kenwood KR 6400 receiver ( screwed up and told one of the member of this site it was a 9600...no idea why I thought it was), Dual turntable, Pioneer CT 5151 Cassette deck, Pioneer CS 901A speakers and a Sony 5 disc changer. Could not believe that everything was almost mint and all clean! Inside and out. He wanted 300.00 and wasnt budging. I couldnt pass that deal up. I wanted the speakers more than anything. The second deal was a Pioneer SA 7700 amp. I bought this from a member on here. They had it on craigs also. I gave 60.00 for it. I got home and was testing the speakers and on about 2 on my Kenwood KR 9940 there was a loud pop and the 9940 was down for the count. I havent tore her apart yet to see what blew but i believe I will go in a rebuild it. The SA 7700 was playing good till the left side got fuzzy. I traced it back to a 5 ohm resistor. I am going to recap and replace the outputs. The KR 6400 plays great. The CS 901A's have replaced my mid 80's Pioneer 12's. Before anyone says it....I know the thread is worthless without pics! Pics tomorrow.

Back