IAA Listener's Choice Awards 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All ten nominees get my recommendation, but if I had my way it'd be American Beauty for streaming and TFF for physical/digital.
Incredibly difficult to decide between this wonderful bunch! And a true gentleman never reveals details of his dalliances.

Still surprised one of those made it in; and now come to think of it surprised also that Willie Nelson didnā€™t get a nod
1675532160990.gif

All ten nominees get my recommendation, but if I had my way it'd be American Beauty for streaming and TFF for physical/digital.
Same. And what would have been interesting for me is that Wilson would get the nod for projects that cover different aspects of his mixing philosophy.

With the Dead, itā€™s about enhancing something that a lot of people have burned into their head. So itā€™s finding that line between remaining true to an album that has a long legacy, while giving it more space or pulling out things that might have been a bit buried.

With TFF, as Wilson has said, thereā€™s more freedom with the mix because itā€™s a new album. He doesnā€™t have to worry about mangling 50 years of fan memories of the music.

Perhaps in next yearā€™s voting everyone will have the physical version of Dead music to vote on.

Back