Id forbidden planet

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Dolby CP-200

Simple and cheap trio of Dolby SA10 used for expanding the substandard overhead atmos channels from 6 to 12 channels matrix.

Extract the centre phantom from each of the stereo pairs so now that sound can zigzag circle around or go side to middle to side and up down far better than before plus an extra channels that are on the floor for front middle and back gives upward envelopment for great "storytelling sound".

Dolby SA10.jpg

Dolby SA10 2.jpg

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Simple and cheap trio of Dolby SA10 used for expanding the substandard overhead atmos channels from 6 to 12 channels matrix.

Extract the centre phantom from each of the stereo pairs so now that sound can zigzag circle around or go side to middle to side and up down far better than before plus an extra channels that are on the floor for front middle and back gives upward envelopment for great "storytelling sound".

View attachment 54683

View attachment 54684
So, I gotta ask the obvious.....
Ever listen to music?

Edit: other than what comes along with movies? I should have been more specific.

Last edited:

Dolby CP-200

2nd, JBL 4682 TCB at back of the room connected to the SW output of the CP45 sidewall array surround decoder, now adds extra lower end to the surrounds without need of bass-management that has no independent control. Sounded great with, 'The Abyss' open of some scenes with NTI flyby the submarine or the seal team flying-in, with deep bass of percussion drums or the dramtic music score of the NTI flying, Bud over huge spaceship city miles down under the ocean and into the spaceship.

JBL TCB 1.jpg

Dolby CP-200

Behringer inuke and NX amplifiers with new fans fitted that run at 60dbC with SPL placed close to amplifier. Previous fans was about 78dbC with SPL metre placed near to front.

IMG_8517.JPG

IMG_8522.JPG

Its not just about SPL dB its also about the sound frequency it produces so I placed the Behringer ECM8000 same distance as I placed the SPL meter and looked at the frequency on the Oled, while it ran REW at (no smoothing) what I saw didn't surprise me.

IMG_8526.JPG

Note the dip around 700Hz, later when I had the new fan in place it had same dip which I guess is the resonate of the inside of the amplifier that may need some damping. Also note the sharp peaks on the frequency those are some nasty frequency resonates possible harmonics.

IMG_8520.JPG

New fan fitted and SPL dB is now at 60dBC wow! It sounded like a computer anything but a typical Behringer NX3000D "leaf blower". Cleaned the inside of each amplifier as they can gather a lot of dust and hairs even the odd spiderweb in just a year.

IMG_8518.JPG

Dolby CP-200

'Superman II' theatical (1980) six-track Dolby Stereo split-surrounds / Megasound / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System - JBL 21kw.

Not played this classic for 8 years or so. Wow sounds great decoded though the Denon AVC-X8500H then the rest processed with the Dolby Stereo CP200 and Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System with the new JBL professional with Megasound 21kw. I think that's a bit hyping it now :ROFLMAO: but it sound and feels great.

superman II megasound THX JBL.jpg

IMG_8539.JPG

IMG_8549.JPG

Last edited:

Dolby CP-200

There's some decent infasonic lows all throughout 'Superman II' chapter 18, 1:00:0 a super-infa presence that moves the room and that is the quietest scene.
Superman II LFE.1 Dolby Stereo Megasound.png