If Acura has best Car Audio, which model is the best of the best? RDX? MDX? TLX?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2022 RDX and I have never experienced Any issues with drives not being seen. Certain files won't play but those are 192/24 files. Also there is no gapless playback while playing files. There is a short (1second) gap between each track.
It's at the dealer and they are trying to replicate the issue. I just want to get it documented with the Acura engineers for a possible software patch. If the system would reboot at each start there would be no issue. I loaded the drive per Jon's instructions from years ago. No issues playing properly formatted files at all. It really just a minor annoyance, but it bugs me. Looks like you got a good one Bob.

I have a 2022 RDX and I have never experienced Any issues with drives not being seen. Certain files won't play but those are 192/24 files. Also there is no gapless playback while playing files. There is a short (1second) gap between each track.
Does your system reboot each time you start the vehicle? For instance, do you see the all the startup screens each time you start the vehicle or sometimes just start playing immediately from the USB drive?

Just happened with my loaner 2023 RDX
IMG_3441.jpeg

It appears the USB data line is hung and resets when the system reboots. Oh well…1st world problem.

I have a ‘21 TLX. I find that if I leave the drive plugged in when I stop the car then start it with it still plugged in it is more likely to hang. So I unplug it when I stop then puf it in right after starting the car and fhen it is much less likely to do so. The system “remembers” the last drive so it loads quickly. I bought a short right angle USB adapter so I don’t have to reach into the console and the USB adapter barely hangs out for ready access. Yes it is slightly finicky but oh that sound.

Back