I'll bet none of you have this little ditty

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOW ~ 31 hours of elevator and Christmas music on a single DVD~A..........Probably at best DVD~V 16/48 and ostensibly a great way to clear your house of unwanted relatives/guests during the upcoming holidays!

See the source image

Heard that Kmart is dumping this format for a switch to the new Atmos mixes.

Dolby Execs commented:

Obviously Kmart is on the cutting of edge of shopper convenience, environment, and innovation.
One just has to say, 'Blue Light Special' and your reminded of their innovative history!
To be partnered with them is Dolby's dream come true. Two innovators together!

We here at Dolby Labs salute the team at Kmart for recognizing that the height of elevator car is a perfect compliment for Atmos' height speaker settings! ;)

No, I don't have that....but I do have a collection of background music tapes. Good stuff.

1601485146258.png

And my youtube posting of an assortment of the Christmas music from these tapes is easily my most popular posting, currently at over 75,0000 views.

Not quite as popular as the K-Mart Christmas music posting though.....

BTW - if background music is of interest, it's worth checking this out - Attention Kmart Choppers, by Juicy the Emissary

Heard that Kmart is dumping this format for a switch to the new Atmos mixes.

Dolby Execs commented:

Obviously Kmart is on the cutting of edge of shopper convenience, environment, and innovation.
One just has to say, 'Blue Light Special' and your reminded of their innovative history!
To be partnered with them is Dolby's dream come true. Two innovators together!

We here at Dolby Labs salute the team at Kmart for recognizing that the height of elevator car is a perfect compliment for Atmos' height speaker settings! ;)

"New Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 mix engineered by Steven Wilson with direction from Martha Stewart"

I read a story a while back about someone who'd stumbled on a huge load of old K-Mart instore music tapes and uploaded them to archive.org - this eBay listing looks like someone downloaded them all and authored a DVD out of it. If you're curious you can listen to them here and not have to give any of your hard earned money to an eBay profiteer.

I read a story a while back about someone who'd stumbled on a huge load of old K-Mart instore music tapes and uploaded them to archive.org - this eBay listing looks like someone downloaded them all and authored a DVD out of it. If you're curious you can listen to them here and not have to give any of your hard earned money to an eBay profiteer.

But Dave, 31 hours+ of music for $7.99 w/free s/h! Cheaper than 52 lbs. of K~Mart cat litter!

See the source image

Looks like you found his source. Even the Christmas stuff is there. I wonder if this is all generic Muzak non-vocal stuff. Radio called it "Chicken Rock" back in the day. Instrumental versions of popular pop/rock tunes.

Check out his other listings. He's more like "Have DVD burner and shrink wrap machine, will make millions on eBay selling other people's stuff"

Millions?
At $7.99 per disc minus costs, time, returns, and GreedBay fees?
And for how big a market (50-year-old elevator music)?

Back