I'm reading that SAMSUNG BluRay players are just like stopping playing!!!!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/20/21297854/samsung-blu-ray-problems-ssl-firmware
So not only have they quit making players, but the players that they did make are dying like right about now.

How horrifying.
It sounds like a fictional catastrophic movie... My Samsung was working yesterday. In any case, I have another LG player in my bunker. Those who want to continue to watch their blu-ray movies must prepare to store some old units because companies have stopped manufacturing them.

Obviously no more Samsung Electronics for me....this is Planned Obsolescence without being OBVIOUS!!!! (Ok Hiroshi, all BD players go to hell on June 19th 2020!!!)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n):sneaky::rolleyes::rolleyes::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Obviously no more Samsung Electronics for me....this is Planned Obsolescence without being OBVIOUS!!!! (Ok Hiroshi, all BD players go to hell on June 19th 2020!!!)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n):sneaky::rolleyes::rolleyes::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Horrible glitch, Kap.....but since my LG OLED TV and OPPO 205 both have wifi, I've successfully been able to upload Dolby Vision and HDR into both via the internet.

I have a cheap Samsung Blu-Ray player about 6 yrs old on the family TV. Use it about 2>3 times a year. Guess I'll check it at some point.

At least my Pioneer LD player continues to run along like new!

Samsung AV products are awful. never again.
i had a 75” flatscreen that started clouding over from the edges after 2 years.
Samsung’s response? “That’s o.k. That’s normal.”
(thank god Sony got back in the game. My Z9D is the best TV I have ever owned).
Samsung is just bad.

Love the first comment:

Ah yes, the advantages of having Internet connectivity on a disc player. What could possibly go wrong?

Such a stupid world we now live In.
Why are we all putting up with this shit?

Samsung AV products are awful. never again.
i had a 75” flatscreen that started clouding over from the edges after 2 years.
Samsung’s response? “That’s o.k. That’s normal.”
(thank god Sony got back in the game. My Z9D is the best TV I have ever owned).
Samsung is just bad.
I have two Samsung LED TV's; both are working just fine, with great pictures. (I hope I didn't just jinx them!)

Back