immersiveaudioalbum.com: Shop for 5.1 Downloads (Birdsong, Magenta, Bruce Soord, Katatonia...)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't involved in the founding of the site, but I've been working there for a little over three months now. My main responsibility is to help acquire more albums for the shop, though I also write a lot of the editorial content (album reviews, interviews with artist/engineers, top 10 lists, etc). I've been posting regularly in @haikubass'
2021 Surround Releases thread when a new album is added. There's some cool stuff in the pipeline...

Our goal is to sort of be the 'Bandcamp of surround music' - any/all surround music-related projects are worthy of inclusion, no matter how small or obscure (I'm actually in talks with a guy right now who created some type of audiobook-like experience using a vintage Ambisonic format). So if you know of anyone working on a surround-related project that needs a release platform, don't hesitate to PM me.

I wasn't involved in the founding of the site, but I've been working there for a little over three months now. My main responsibility is to help acquire more albums for the shop, though I also write a lot of the editorial content (album reviews, interviews with artist/engineers, top 10 lists, etc). I've been posting regularly in @haikubass'
2021 Surround Releases thread when a new album is added. There's some cool stuff in the pipeline...

Our goal is to sort of be the 'Bandcamp of surround music' - any/all surround music-related projects are worthy of inclusion, no matter how small or obscure (I'm actually in talks with a guy right now who created some type of audiobook-like experience using a vintage Ambisonic format). So if you know of anyone working on a surround-related project that needs a release platform, don't hesitate to PM me.
Hopefully the site will be able to procure popular OOP titles and/or popular titles released lossily, trapped in huge box sets, etc.
I think IAA will rake in the dough if something of the sort could be worked out.

Hopefully the site will be able to procure popular OOP titles and/or popular titles released lossily, trapped in huge box sets, etc.
I think IAA will rake in the dough if something of the sort could be worked out.

I'd love nothing more, but - as you'd probably guess - if it were a simple process, we'd have done it already. The bigger the entity, the harder it is to reach the right person and get your foot in the door. We're not a traditional reissue label like MoFi or D-V, so convincing bigger artists/labels of our legitimacy is a bit of an uphill battle. Never say never, but I wouldn't expect to see anything on our site from Sony or Warner Brothers anytime soon.

I'd love nothing more, but - as you'd probably guess - if it were a simple process, we'd have done it already. The bigger the entity, the harder it is to reach the right person and get your foot in the door. We're not a traditional reissue label like MoFi or D-V, so convincing bigger artists/labels of our legitimacy is a bit of an uphill battle. Never say never, but I wouldn't expect to see anything on our site from Sony or Warner Brothers anytime soon.
Sounds very reasonable. I'm thinking of Bruce Soord's debut, Caravan In the Land and stuff like that.

Have you guys tried to connect with @ForagingRhino

I know it's a real long shot, but Steve is very pro quad and surround. Whatever the hang up with them and D-V in the UK might not apply here

Very awesome news. I had a hunch there was already buzz about this, but I don't stop by as often as I used to and I only keep up with a few threads at a time. :) Glad this shop is out there and I really hope you'll expand your catalogue quickly. I intend to buy soon. Definitely down for the Birdsong albums.

Have you tried getting Steven Vidaic's "Hearts Look Twice" album into your line-up? Hearts Look Twice, by Steven Vidaic

Very awesome news. I had a hunch there was already buzz about this, but I don't stop by as often as I used to and I only keep up with a few threads at a time. :) Glad this shop is out there and I really hope you'll expand your catalogue quickly. I intend to buy soon. Definitely down for the Birdsong albums.

Have you tried getting Steven Vidaic's "Hearts Look Twice" album into your line-up? Hearts Look Twice, by Steven Vidaic
Never heard of that one, but I like how it sounds. Tried to buy it, but got an error message and said the artist has been contacted.

Do you know of a site where you can purchase .Wav Atmos files?
Are you referring to the ADM BWF files? We stopped accepting them from clients as they're too large to download (a single song can be 3-5 GB) and only playable from an Atmos-equipped DAW or Dolby's $400 reference player software.

Back