In Heaven, There Is Quad Sound?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
I wasn't quite sure where to start this thread--MultiChannel in the Media?--but in the end, I figured you gearheads would be able to answer my question sooner than anyone else. My family and I finished The Good Place last night. The final episode of Season 4 begins with Michael (Ted Danson) in his office, recording into a vintage reel-to-reel deck.

Forgive the dumb question: does the fact that it has four VU meters mean it's a quad deck?
good-place.JPG

Last edited:
That's a beaut. Quad Deck, always wished I had a better deck than my Teac A-2340 which only takes the smaller reels, and a funky transport on/off switch.

But in this situation Michael recording with a single mic (it has input for four), would only be mono for his "Angels" -LOL

That's a beaut. Quad Deck, always wished I had a better deck than my Teac A-2340 which only takes the smaller reels, and a funky transport on/off switch.

But in this situation Michael recording with a single mic (it has input for four), would only be mono for his "Angels" -LOL

everyone's going Quadramoronic in Heaven! 🤪

edit: i meant QuadraMONIC...!! that'll learn me 🤣

Last edited:
Back