• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

In search of Jethro Tull CD/DVD box sets

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookofsaturdays

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct thread to be posting this in, but I’m on the hunt for many of the long out of print Tull book style deluxe sets. I was not into surround when these were coming out and unfortunately missed the boat on every single one of them. I recently picked up the ‘A’ reissue though and I’m loving that (hoping for Broadsword later this year). Discogs and eBay have outrageous prices so I was just going to ask on here if some folks were looking to sell any of them, mainly the Adapted Edition of Aqualung.

My hope are for these to be reissued but it looks like that’s never going to happen from the looks of it. Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct thread to be posting this in, but I’m on the hunt for many of the long out of print Tull book style deluxe sets. I was not into surround when these were coming out and unfortunately missed the boat on every single one of them. I recently picked up the ‘A’ reissue though and I’m loving that (hoping for Broadsword later this year). Discogs and eBay have outrageous prices so I was just going to ask on here if some folks were looking to sell any of them, and maybe could work out a deal if I were to purchase more than one. The ones I’m looking for most would be as follows, in order of priority:

1. Aqualung
2. Minstrel
3. Heavy Horses
4. TAAB
5. Passion Play
6. SFTW

My hope are for these to be reissued but it looks like that’s never going to happen from the looks of it. Thanks in advance for any consideration.
I feel your pain, Book. I had just joined QQ when I became aware of the Tull reissues and was able to grab all of the existing ones except Thick at reasonable prices. They’re all works of art containing incredible music remixed and remastered superbly by the best along with the most comprehensive liner notes/books in the business. Good hunting!

Absolutely. Before I heard about these I wasn’t even a Tull fan, having just known the hit singles off Aqualung. ‘A’ was such a pleasant surprise, not just mixwise but musically and it’s made me want to hunt all of these down! Getting into stuff like Minstrel and Songs from the Wood to my surprise I couldn’t believe how proggy it was! I was missing out big time.

Absolutely. Before I heard about these I wasn’t even a Tull fan, having just known the hit singles off Aqualung. ‘A’ was such a pleasant surprise, not just mixwise but musically and it’s made me want to hunt all of these down! Getting into stuff like Minstrel and Songs from the Wood to my surprise I couldn’t believe how proggy it was! I was missing out big time.

I suppose this is stating the obvious, but be sure to pick up Benefit, This Was, and Stormwatch while they're still available :)

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct thread to be posting this in, but I’m on the hunt for many of the long out of print Tull book style deluxe sets. I was not into surround when these were coming out and unfortunately missed the boat on every single one of them. I recently picked up the ‘A’ reissue though and I’m loving that (hoping for Broadsword later this year). Discogs and eBay have outrageous prices so I was just going to ask on here if some folks were looking to sell any of them, and maybe could work out a deal if I were to purchase more than one. The ones I’m looking for most would be as follows, in order of priority:

1. Aqualung
2. Minstrel
3. Heavy Horses
4. TAAB
5. Passion Play
6. SFTW

I went this route for Aqualung and am quite pleased with it.
You might want to consider it. Somewhat more reasonably priced than “the book” style set…and you get Blu-ray & DVD:

https://www.discogs.com/release/3204552-Jethro-Tull-Aqualung

I went this route for Aqualung and am quite pleased with it.
You might want to consider it. Somewhat more reasonably priced than “the book” style set…and you get Blu-ray & DVD:

https://www.discogs.com/release/3204552-Jethro-Tull-Aqualung
Yes, it’s considerably better priced than the other book set, just heard that Steven Wilson didn’t like Peter Mew’s original mastering on that one and also that some people have reported that the Blu-ray has started to fail over time.

Yes, it’s considerably better priced than the other book set, just heard that Steven Wilson didn’t like Peter Mew’s original mastering on that one and also that some people have reported that the Blu-ray has started to fail over time.

I'd hold out for the book edition if you can - there are these annoying dropouts in both the stereo & 5.1 remixes on the Blu-Ray, and the overall sound quality is somewhat harsh due to Peter Mew's mastering (though not quite as bad as the original Thick As A Brick DVD).

I'd hold out for the book edition if you can - there are these annoying dropouts in both the stereo & 5.1 remixes on the Blu-Ray, and the overall sound quality is somewhat harsh due to Peter Mew's mastering (though not quite as bad as the original Thick As A Brick DVD).
Wow didn’t know about the dropouts, thanks for the info.

Sounds great to me…especially for the price…and still works 👍🏼

Been searching for Stand Up forEVAR!!!
At least I have the previous deluxe version, which has a cardboard popup! Just no surround mix.
Oh well, maybe the Surround Master can do somethin' with it!
Honored to have you comment on my post, sir! Been an avid follower of your YouTube channel for a few years now and in fact it was your review of the A box set that started me down this path of collecting all of the Tull reissues, not just that but surround in general. Cheers and best of luck with finding a copy of Stand Up!

Hi all,

1. Aqualung
2. Minstrel
3. Heavy Horses
4. TAAB
5. Passion Play
6. SFTW

Did you notice CINERAMAX replied to you on Post#3 (above) with a copy of Heavy Horses?

Back