In The Court Of The Crimson King SACD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Juts today I noticed that CD Universe has an SACD listing for this classic album. Has anybody heard this before? Straight stereo is likely given the history of the master tapes. (stolen from tape cupboards)

Listed as an import for $31.19, backordered since 12-24-02, and carries the following information: LabeL: EMI Int'l, CDU # Part: 5565792, Catalog #811270, Street Date 12/17/02.

I elected to have them email me when (and if) it arrives.

I've held off buying the latest remastered CDs because I know hi-res versions can't be far off. The Peter Gabriel SACD titles will likely hit in the next 120 days, so Crimson seems a safe bet. But I was thinking DVD-Audio. Either way, let's go!

timbre4

That Hybrid Stereo SACD (Virgin SACD VKC1) is showing as an upcoming SACD release in the current SACD Catalog dated September 2002 (09.02) on page 34.

Also, the engineer of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells has remastered several of the Virgin catalog titles in DSD. There's a bit more on that over on High Fidelity Review at www.highfidelityreview.co...r=13490366

Adrian Belew lives in Nashville, so that's why King Crimson turns up here from time to time. They'll also warm up for a tour at small clubs here first. I always miss those.

So this chap is turning out the new KC album, I'll just wait for that SACD version. Virgin only controls a portion of the KC catalog these days.

The Simple Minds SACDs are already out as imports, but the states just got the remastered CDs in the past few weeks.

Anything new related to this title? Hope that the catalog was not wrong in its release.
Thanks
Batpriest

Back