Installing Aeon Nox Silvo Skin for Kodi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be there if it’s installed. What OS are you using? It maybe a different folder in Windows.

There should be at least a couple of other skins in the Kodi/addons folder.

If you are considering upgrading to Matrix 19.2 and plan on using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin, there is an issue. See below.

crash music visualization

I ran into this when upgrading to 19.2 on my firestick. For this reason and the loss of the option to play music in full screen, I reverted back to Leia 18.9. It has none of these issues.

There’s an easy fix in the first couple of lines in the Aeon Nox Silvo skin.

I’ll post the change later today for my Aeon Nox Silvo Music Codec mod. I posted here on QQ.

So I got this all sorted out. Thank you Garry. All is well in the Windows based Kodi world tonight. Both Windows machines are updated to Matrix 19.2. All the functions I am used to are there again. I do need to either rename some folders or re-write some of the codec definitions but that whole codec logo thing is sweet.

I see fully what I have to do to get the stereo-Android-based-Firestick system in my bedroom. I just need to find an easy way of copying files from my network to the Firestick. I'm looking at an app for that and ill tackle it once I've mastered the file transfer procedure.

And I know its a nit, but I'll pick it. Has anyone else noticed the written title on the spinning CD image is too big for the CD? Like it has extra spacing between the artist name and the album title Or is it just my 2 system?

This is how to access the Kodi system folders in Linux. It may work for Android/Firestick too?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...g-kodi-on-linux-libreelec-coreelec-etc.26972/
That gives you permanent access to the Kodi system from a PC but you could use it to get one off access if you don’t change the configuration file just go straight to the .Kodi addons folder.

I haven’t noticed the disc text issue you mentioned. I’ll take a look later today.

You can also use a png or jpg file scanned from your disc image. The ‘blank’ disc with label is the fallback if Kodi doesn’t find the discart.png or discart.jpg file in the album folder.

This is how to access the Kodi system folders in Linux. It may work for Android/Firestick too?

I haven’t noticed the disc text issue you mentioned. I’ll take a look later today.

You can also use a png or jpg file scanned from your disc image. The ‘blank’ disc with label is the fallback if Kodi doesn’t find the discart.png or discart.jpg file in the album folder.
I just wanted to give some closure to the issues I had with my Firestick. The Linux fix mentioned above didn't work on my Firestick. When the address is loaded into a browser it returned an error saying the connection was denied. I assume there is some permission or firewall that is in the way. It may well work on other Android devices.

But I did get it all to work using a free Android app called X-plore. I used this excellent youtube tutorial to figure out how to use it.

I just wanted to give some closure to the issues I had with my Firestick. The Linux fix mentioned above didn't work on my Firestick. When the address is loaded into a browser it returned an error saying the connection was denied. I assume there is some permission or firewall that is in the way. It may well work on other Android devices.

But I did get it all to work using a free Android app called X-plore. I used this excellent youtube tutorial to figure out how to use it.

Apps2Fire works well too...

I picked up the Onn UHD Android TV device to mess with because it was only $20, yesterday. Installed Kodi 19.2 on it and it seems to handle 4K blu-ray rips better/smoother than the two Fire stick 4K's I have. I haven't tried any multichannel music yet but will later tonight. Aeon Nox Silvo runs very smooth too.

Apps2Fire works well too...

I picked up the Onn UHD Android TV device to mess with because it was only $20, yesterday. Installed Kodi 19.2 on it and it seems to handle 4K blu-ray rips better/smoother than the two Fire stick 4K's I have. I haven't tried any multichannel music yet but will later tonight. Aeon Nox Silvo runs very smooth too.
I don't have any 4K playback monitors yet, so that's not an issue. My bedroom system Firestick only has to deal with stereo and HD video, although in my limited testing it had no issue with MC 24/96. But $20 is a great price. I cant get over how well these inexpensive android devices can handle playback from Kodi.

Back