Installing Aeon Nox Silvo Skin for Kodi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I recommend using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin in Kodi as it has great support for music oriented features such as:

When Playing audio only music:
Artist Slideshow (automated images of currently playing Artist)
Has a nice view of the album cover and disc image (if available) and also shows other meta data:
screenshot071.png

The Kodi Home screen can be customised fairly easily.
You can also set a random slide show of artists (when on the Music menu') or music video, movies and TV art when on those menus:

screenshot068.png

The main menu is also fully customisable including hiding menu items, adding new, customisable sub-menus etc

The Aeon Nox Silvo skin is not currently available to install from within Kodi (this may change with next Kodi release).

EDIT: As of Kodi 18 (Code named Leia) released in early 2019, this Aeon Nox Silvo skin is now in the official Kodi installed repository.

So to install this skin you can ignore steps 1 to 3.

To install Aeon Nox Silvo skin:

STEP 1: Get the skin repository (From your computer)

Go to the Kodi forum:
Aeon Nox: SiLVO

That download the Aeon Nox Silvo repository from the 'Download Repo' link:
SilvoRepo.PNG

The repository just contains information on the files and other add-ons required can be found. Once this repo is added to Kodi it will download all those files and install. You should get a small zip file named: repository.aeon.nox.silvo-1.0.5.zip

STEP 2: Copy the Skin Repository zip file to your Kodi device (From your PC)
(NOTE: If you are running Kodi on a Windows PC you can skip Step 2)

To get the repo file onto your Kodi box you need to know the Kodi IP address. If you don't know this you can go to the Kodi System Info screen. Mine is 192.168.1.11

On your PC/laptop/Mac etc, go to the Windows Explorer (on a MAC Finder) and enter the Kodi device IP address proceeded with two back slash characters (e.g. \\192.168.1.11):

WinExploerToNUC1.PNG

This should open the Kodi root folder:
WinExploerToNUC2.PNG

Open the 'Downloads' folder and copy the repository zip file (repository.aeon.nox.silvo-1.0.5.zip) into the folder.

Now Kodi can 'see' that file so that the skin can be installed.

STEP 3: Installing the Skin Repository file into Kodi (From your Kodi media player)

Go to the Kodi menu option 'Add-Ons':
screenshot017.png

In the 'Add-ons' screen go to the menu option 'Install from Repository' (top right above), this will show the "install' screen:

Go to the 'Download' menu option (highlighted below on left pane):
screenshot018.png

From the Download screen click on the first option (the double dot .. as highlighted below)
screenshot019.png

Now you should see the option to Install from zip file (see below):
screenshot020.png

Kodi will warn about installing from a zip and you should click the 'Settings' button and set 'Unknown Sources' to 'On'
screenshot021.png

screenshot022.png

That should take you back to selecting where the repository zip file you downloaded earlier is located:

Go to the 'Home folder'
screenshot023.png

Now select the 'Download' folder and then the zip file:
screenshot026.png

STEP 4: Installing Aeon Nox Silvo Skin from the Kodi Repository

EDIT: As of Kodi 18 (Code named Leia) released in early 2019, this Aeon Nox Silvo skin is now in the official Kodi installed repository. So to install you Now open the Kodi Repository, not the Aeon Nox Silvo Repoitoty

Once you have installed the repository zip into Kodi (above) it time to install Aeon Nox Silvo

From the 'Add-ons' browser in Kodi you can use the Install from Repository option:
screenshot027.png

You will now see the Kodi Add-on Repistory (Not Aeon Nox Silvvo Repostory as shown)
screenshot028.png

Click on the Kodi repository,
then 'Look & Feel' option
then 'Skin' option
then 'Aeon Nox: Silvo'

You should now see this screen:
screenshot032.png

Click: 'Install'

From the next screen select the latest version and the skin will be downloaded.

NOTE: This also downloads all the other add-ons required to run the new skin (you see all this on your Kodi screen)

Finally you get an option: Would You Like To Switch to this Skin? click: Yes

You will be asked to confirm with one more dialog (Click yes)

That is the new Aeon Nox Silvo installed.

NEXT STEP: STEP 5: Configure Aeon Nox Silvo for Music

Last edited:
STEP 5: Configure Aeon Nox Silvo for Music (Artist Slideshow etc)

This next post will take you through setting up Aeon Nox Silvo's custom options for (what I think) is best to enjoy your music collection.

I'm going to do this as a PDF file you can download as its easier for me to do and you can print it out (if required)

Version 2:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/demos/kodi/Kodi - Aeon Nox Silvo Skin (Krypton).pdf

I'll update this within next 24 hrs or so.

EDIT: Modified to Version 2 about an hour after my initial post (added more config screens)

To do: How to modify the Kodi menu in Silvo skin, including adding artist fanart and album covers backgrounds to the music and music video menus.

Garry

Last edited:
I’ve just updated this thread:

As of Kodi 18 (Code named Leia) released in early 2019, this Aeon Nox Silvo skin is now in the official Kodi installed repository. So to install this skin you can ignore steps 1 to 3 and go to the Kodi Repository included with Kodi to install this skin. Just go straight to Step 4.

Since it is now available in Kodi I decided to try it out with step 4 directly, I like it a lot. Thanks for the guide on artist slideshow. I’ve been playing around with all kinds of skins but always end up with the original, but now I seem to have found a better one.

E: err, spelling

Last edited:
Since it is now available in Kodi I decided to try it out with step 4 directly, I like it a lot. Thanks for the guide on artist slideshow. I’ve been playing around with all kinds of skins but always end up with the original, but now I seem to have found a better one.

E: err, spelling

Ditto!

Very good info - cheers Garry!

For some reason I can't get the logo and cd art to show up on the screen? The disc spins but is just blank with handwriting on. Hopefully I'll get that up and running and it will look even cooler!

Ah thanks for the link. I've also installed Artwork Beef from a zip in Kodi. I tried to manually do a couple of folders in the prescribed fashion - put in the logo.png and cdart.png files in the relevant folders but it didn't bite on those artists. The thumb folder, fanart, and album art all took though. I need to do quite a bit of housekeeping on editing the folder structure in my NAS, and I haven't got the .nfo files yet. I was just being a bit impatient!

I'm sure once I've got all the folders looking right it'll sort itself... Can't wait - it's going to look fantastic! I presume with the CD art you could even put quad records/reels in?! That would look epic! :love:

You also need to set the ArtistSlideShow (ASS) Artist folder to be your NAS Artist folder in the ASS configure screen.

One last thing, I’m sure I’ve also experienced the ASS not running until you restart Kodi after ASS first install.

I can send you some logo and cdart files to test if you like. PM me the names a few popular artists and their albums you have and I’ll see if I have their logos and cdart images you can try.

Sadly my internal memory (usb) that was connected to my Shield stopped working, a memory that served my skin settings for Kodi (Yes, next time I’ll get an SSD/flash disc for that solution).

Now, going through HomerJAUs excellent guide I seem to have trouble installibg some scripts from repositiory. script.artwork.beef is one of them, says I need to install rmrectpr repo to do this. I am not using my kodi via computer, but via my Shield, is there somehow I can locate this repo thing?

Sadly my internal memory (usb) that was connected to my Shield stopped working, a memory that served my skin settings for Kodi (Yes, next time I’ll get an SSD/flash disc for that solution).

Now, going through HomerJAUs excellent guide I seem to have trouble installibg some scripts from repositiory. script.artwork.beef is one of them, says I need to install rmrectpr repo to do this. I am not using my kodi via computer, but via my Shield, is there somehow I can locate this repo thing?
You don't need that add on. Its an optional add on. I'm not even sure what it does.

If you are using Kodi 18.1 (Leia) you should find the Aeon Nox Silvo skin in the installed Kodi repository.
I do, in fact everything is smooth until I get to the part where the optional scripts can be installed, some can’t be installed, I get a message that says I need to activate rmrector repo to complete the installation of that particular script. However, I can still use the skin, and to be honest, I don’t know if I need those scripts.

How to Update Aeon Nox Silvo from the latest source code (useful if a fix is created but not published)

You will need a PC or MAC to go download the latest code grom its source repository on GitHub:

Go to the Aeon Nox Silvo source:
https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox-SiLVO
On the left ensure you select the code branch for your version of Kodi from the small dropdown list that defaults to "Master'. At time of writing this Kodi 18 'Leia' is the current release.

Once you have selected 'Leia' click the green 'Clone or Download' button on right and select 'Download ZIP' option. Your browser will downloadd a zip file of approx 50MB.

Now you need to unzip the contents to a new folder.

Now copy ALL the files to your Kodi Add-on folder for Aeon NOx Silvo.

If you haven't already done so follow this post to set up access to the above folder on your Kodi device for Linux and Android:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...g-kodi-on-linux-libreelec-coreelec-etc.26972/
Once you have access go to your 'Storage' folder (in the previous post above).

Now to the .Kodi folder. then addons folder, then skin.aeon.nox.silvo folder

Now copy all the files you unzipped from inside the ZIP download into the skin.aeon.nox.silvo folder. NOTE: Make sure its all the files and folders and overwrite all existing files. If indoubt you can always delete the old files first.

Now reboot your Media Player or Kodi device and you have the latest Aeon Nox Silvo skin installed

If you've done this, why not also add the QQ Logo mod I did for Aeon Nox Silvo:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...dvda-sacd-dts-logos-in-kodi.26955/post-442130

Last edited:
So a few weeks ago it appears the Artist Slideshow add on updated. Since then the slideshow has stopped and instead I get a message telling me to update my skin, AeonNox Silvo. J looked at the above post and downloaded what I think is the updated skin. but I cant find the skin.aeon.nox.silvo directory. I do see the other skin directories. Any suggestions.

A couple of posts earlier has a link to a how to
Yes, post 16 right? Am i reading the wrong post?

I downloaded the zip file. I extracted it. When I went to overwrite the files to kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo, the skin folder is not there. It's not hidden, its just not in the addon directory, or anywhere else that I can see. There are other skin folders there like skin.estuary and skin.estouchy.

Keeo in mind i've been using Aeon Nox Silvo for a long time. I'm still using it, there is just no slideshow. Am I supposed to create the folder?

Back