Intent to quad: How to record in Da Club: Edirol r-44 and electrovoice 654A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elguapo511

.I have acquired an Edirol r-44, and three electrovoice 654A microphones.

How should I record a live band in a small club with the intent to listen back/mix it into quad.

The edirol r-44 is a hi quality four track digital recorder. And the electro voices are vintage dunamic omni directional microphones.

I am going to close mic the guitar and bass, and hang one omni above the drum kit. This should make a triangle on stage and thats track one two three.

Then Ill get a borad feed for track 4. The PA sends the snare, kick and vocals to the PA in Mono.

So, just wondering if anyone has any experience in mixing four tracks to quad and what would I do in this situation.

I have a tascam m-106, which is a 6 channel mixer with 4 output busses.

After the show I would like to simply play this recording through the 6 channel mixer into a tascam 34b fourtrack.

hopefully i would have a nice quad mix, then ill put it on the shelf and no one will ever hear it.

anyone ever tried?

I always mixed from the board to 4 channel. The drawback being a channel could only be assigned to bus 1&2 or 3&4 so no joystick circles. Maybe do 4 channels to the 4 track and mic front and rear on another 2 track and combine in your digital mixing environment.
Other idea, one Mike over drums, stereo pairing in front. One in rear

Wtf is joystick circles. Sounds awesome.

I like the stereo pair in front of stage but I only have the Omni mics and they pic up EVERYTHING. So. I have to keep them close.

Wtf is joystick circles. Sounds awesome.

I like the stereo pair in front of stage but I only have the Omni mics and they pic up EVERYTHING. So. I have to keep them close.
Mix in the board in your digital domain to supplement

Back