Intervention Records: Joan Armatrading's 1976 Self-Titled Classic on Hybrid CD/SACD on pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news. Hope Intervention also releases Joe Jackson's stunning A&M album Night And Day as a Stereo SACD.

See the source image

As both a fan and an annoying pedant I have point out that this is in fact her third album.

Her first was "Whatever's for Us" and is sort of an Elton John album without Elton.

Her third album, and the first of a great run, all the way through Me, Myself, I (or, depending on your tastes, two or three or even four albums beyond that). Joe Jackson even plays on one of them--I forget which. I hope this is the start of a whole series of remasters.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered! (maybe from a Safety Copy of the Master - see the photo from Intervention?)

Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Joan Armatrading CD/SACD (PRE-ORDER NOW!)

Joan Armatrading CD/SACD (PRE-ORDER NOW!)1$ 30.00
Scroll for more items
Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$ 30.00
Shipping$ 3.33
Taxes$ 2.63
TotalUSD $ 35.96

IMG_3642.jpg

Very interesting. I used to play a cover of "Drop The Pilot" (way later in her career) back in my band days (long, long ago), but I must admit I had absolutely no idea just how many albums she had released - way over twenty, excluding compilations 😲

Very interesting. I used to play a cover of "Drop The Pilot" (way later in her career) back in my band days (long, long ago), but I must admit I had absolutely no idea just how many albums she had released - way over twenty, excluding compilations 😲
Neither did I. I got "Joan Armatrading" in the summer of '76 just before going off to Uni, never realised it was her 3rd! as I've only ever bought later ones. I would recommend "Into The Blues".

Neither did I. I got "Joan Armatrading" in the summer of '76 just before going off to Uni, never realised it was her 3rd! as I've only ever bought later ones. I would recommend "Into The Blues".

This is my favorite of hers (with Mark Knopfler), needs better mastering though IMO.

JA-TSS.jpg

I just emailed Intervention to ask if they will have any UK outlets selling the SACD and explained we would pay around an extra $22 in tax & fees if we import it.

I just got Intervention's Joe Jackson "Body & Soul" SACD from Rarewaves via Amazon UK for £24.30 (including postage). I've always loved the album but found the early digital CD to be a bit on the bright side - the new SACD is much more listenable. :LB

I just got Intervention's Joe Jackson "Body & Soul" SACD from Rarewaves via Amazon UK for £24.30 (including postage). I've always loved the album but found the early digital CD to be a bit on the bright side - the new SACD is much more listenable. :LB
Hi

I am trying to get hold of a copy of Joe Jackson -- I have contacted rarewaves but they do not seem to know anything about this sacd.

Could it have been another supplier you used?

Any help would be great.

I am based in the UK.

Thank you

Nice to hear--and it bodes well for this release, too, since Kevin Gray will once again be working from a stereo mixdown rather than the original master tapes.

Hi

I am trying to get hold of a copy of Joe Jackson -- I have contacted rarewaves but they do not seem to know anything about this sacd.

Could it have been another supplier you used?

Any help would be great.

I am based in the UK.

Thank you

Hi, it was bought through Amazon UK with the seller appearing as Rarewaves USA. For some reason best known to themselves Amazon has decided to attribute this version to Matthew Sweet although all the details and the cover photo are for Joe Jackson. The Amazon UK sole copy is now going for £60+ and is being supplied by Amazon UK. Amazon US is selling the same thing for half this price but you then get stung by postal and import charges.

This is the second instance I have come across where Amazon UK have attributed an SACD that I wanted to the wrong artist - the first being the MoFi version of Iron Butterfly's In A Gadda Da Vida which is shown against Rickie Lee Jones (no wonder I.ve never been able to get a copy). Very frustrating.

Back