Intervention Records: Joan Armatrading's 1976 Self-Titled Classic on Hybrid CD/SACD on pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I had looked there recently too and seen the old never updated October release date listed, which of course had come and gone.

Going there now shows what the resellers are showing:
  • PRE-ORDER NOW, SHIPS IN January 2021
Looks like you got lucky then, as this is not being shipped en masse as best I can tell.
Well we'll have to see what happens; it says the shipping label's been created but no tracking as of yet, so who knows man!

That verbiage means that Shane and/or his son have your SACD in hand and have created the shipping label for it via stamps.com and it is being handed off to the black hole that is USPS.
I live about 30 miles from where Intervention Records is. My label was created Sunday nite at 11:03 so he is working overtime to get these out ASAP.
I will likely find it in my mail box before USPS "Tracking" processes it.
Patience Grasshoppa :cool:

That verbiage means that Shane and/or his son have your SACD in hand and have created the shipping label for it via stamps.com and it is being handed off to the black hole that is USPS.
I live about 30 miles from where Intervention Records is. My label was created Sunday nite at 11:03 so he is working overtime to get these out ASAP.
I will likely find it in my mail box before USPS "Tracking" processes it.
Patience GrassHOPpa :cool:
Mmmm....Beer!

Mmmm....Beer!
34-homer-1.jpeg

I'm in on this one also. Just placed my order.
I recall when I first heard Joan Armatrading, in the late 1980's. A friend loaned me a greatest hits cd.
Was rather surprised just how good she sounded.
I believe I made a cassette of the cd & still have it.
Looking forward to this SACD even if it's just stereo.
Thanks for the heads up ☺️..

Listening now DSD analog out through my Oppo 205- fantastic imaging, separation and projection into the room. I think the bass could be a little tighter, but probably just the way it was recorded (& my personal preference.) The strings on "Help Yourself" really sing on this also. Lovely phantom center vocals and Sax on "Love and Affection" and "Somebody Who Loves You."
The kind of pluck/slap chord guitar style sound on the song "Like Fire" reminds me of some of the Stephen Stills playing of his S/T album on "Black Queen." The lead guitar explodes out of the left side on "Tall In The Saddle."
*Now if I could only get "The Shouting Stage" to sound this good on SACD remastered :love:
This is one that everybody that collects SACDs should own (y) (y)

I am wondering....since this new sacd comes from a safety tape copy and the dbx lp was mastered from the original master.....could that 1976 dbx record sound better as its one generation closer? No i don't have a copy.

I am wondering....since this new sacd comes from a safety tape copy and the dbx lp was mastered from the original master.....could that 1976 dbx record sound better as its one generation closer? No i don't have a copy.
The distortion will be lower on the SACD than the dbx LP so it should be much better, and so far the other SACDs I have got from Intervention have been well Mastered.

What excellent news - can't wait to hear what this sounds like on a SACD cranked through my system. The orchestration is lush and Joan's voice is delicate. A superb album. It is so well recorded, even the album streamed via YouTube is listenable! Have ordered it today but will probably have to wait months before it manges to navigate its way through the various postal systems, over to Norway.

Hey Titch, I wonder if they ship via the Jules Verne route, from Washington State to New York to Norway.

Just got my shipping notice from Intervention Records. There aren’t many records like this that you can say that you bought twice on vinyl because you wore the first one out.

Hey Titch, I wonder if they ship via the Jules Verne route, from Washington State to New York to Norway.

Just got my shipping notice from Intervention Records. There aren’t many records like this that you can say that you bought twice on vinyl because you wore the first one out.
I must say, I was impressed with ordering from Intervention Records. Quick dispatch, packed in a study box, no value written on the outside of the box, so Norwegian customs didn't hit me with with another $25 surcharge. And it only took three weeks to arrive, which is fast, in these pandemic times.

Package didn't quite take the Jules Verne route, but it sure went through a few sorting centres!

------------------------------
Jan 4, 2021 16:37 / USPS / GIG HARBOR, WA, 98335, USPS in possession of item
Jan 4, 2021 17:45 / USPS / GIG HARBOR, WA, 98335, Departed Post Office
Jan 6, 2021 01:29 / USPS / SEATTLE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
Jan 6, 2021 11:53 / USPS / SEATTLE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
Jan 6, 2021 12:32 / USPS / TACOMA WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Jan 6, 2021 21:12 / USPS / TACOMA WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
Jan 7, 2021 03:43 / USPS / KENT, WA, 98035, Arrived at USPS Facility
Jan 11, 2021 03:39 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility
Jan 11, 2021 03:39 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Jan 11, 2021 06:27 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility
Jan 15, 2021 12:36 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES, Arrived
Jan 15, 2021 16:03 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES, Departed
Jan 17, 2021 08:02 / USPS / COPENHAGEN, DENMARK, Departed
Jan 17, 2021 10:49 / USPS / OSLO, NORWAY, Departed
Jan 20, 2021 08:06 / Posten Norge / LILLEHAMMER, 2605, Norway, The shipment has arrived at Coop Mega Lillehammer
Jan 23, 2021 11:05 / Posten Norge / The shipment has been delivered

I must say, I was impressed with ordering from Intervention Records. Quick dispatch, packed in a study box, no value written on the outside of the box, so Norwegian customs didn't hit me with with another $25 surcharge. And it only took three weeks to arrive, which is fast, in these pandemic times.

Package didn't quite take the Jules Verne route, but it sure went through a few sorting centres!

Jan 4, 2021 16:37 / USPS / GIG HARBOR, WA, 98335, USPS in possession of item
Jan 4, 2021 17:45 / USPS / GIG HARBOR, WA, 98335, Departed Post Office
Jan 6, 2021 01:29 / USPS / SEATTLE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
Jan 6, 2021 11:53 / USPS / SEATTLE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
Jan 6, 2021 12:32 / USPS / TACOMA WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Jan 6, 2021 21:12 / USPS / TACOMA WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
Jan 7, 2021 03:43 / USPS / KENT, WA, 98035, Arrived at USPS Facility
Jan 11, 2021 03:39 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility
Jan 11, 2021 03:39 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Jan 11, 2021 06:27 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility
Jan 15, 2021 12:36 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES, Arrived
Jan 15, 2021 16:03 / USPS / SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES, Departed
Jan 17, 2021 08:02 / USPS / COPENHAGEN, DENMARK, Departed
Jan 17, 2021 10:49 / USPS / OSLO, NORWAY, Departed
Jan 20, 2021 08:06 / Posten Norge / LILLEHAMMER, 2605, Norway, The shipment has arrived at Coop Mega Lillehammer
Jan 23, 2021 11:05 / Posten Norge / The shipment has been delivered
Around the world in 21 days. It took 3 days to tour Washington State and a week to get from Washington to California 😲

I ordered mine from Diverse Vinyl, and I just checked and they have 5th Feb as the UK release date, so I hope to get the SACD soon.

Back