Intervention Records releasing SACD of "The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard & Clark" - Gene Clark / Doug Dillard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1968 the public was purchasing 45 rpm discs which were $1 back them and contained a HIT and B~side. In 2022, that same dollar equates to $8.08

See the source image

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/in...n: 1968-2022 Year , 3.76%* 51 more rows

Last edited:
I’m not sure how Intervention Records are making any money with some of the choices they make with what they’re going to release. I tried listening to this album on Apple Music and my first thought was, you got to be kidding me! Not only is this music bad, most of the people (a few hundred maybe) that like it are either dead or about to kick the can. Sorry, but that is my opinion. I would like to see something that would actually sell. No, not another Matthew Sweet album either. 😤

I’m not sure how Intervention Records are making any money with some of the choices they make with what they’re going to release. I tried listening to this album on Apple Music and my first thought was, you got to be kidding me! Not only is this music bad, most of the people (a few hundred maybe) that like it are either dead or about to kick the can. Sorry, but that is my opinion. I would like to see something that would actually sell. No, not another Matthew Sweet album either. 😤

Fortunately, I ain't dead yet nor have I kicked the CAN! Will take your advice and listen to the album before purchasing. I did like the track Pupster supplied though!

Fortunately, I ain't dead yet nor have I kicked the CAN! Will take your advice and listen to the album before purchasing. I did like the track Pupster supplied though!
I know. I was being a bit harsh. Though, I was commenting on the people that may have liked this band when they first appeared, back in the day. I just get pissed off when I see an audiophile label not going for the more popular titles. But hey, if they can sell 2,000 copies of this title and make money, more power to them.

If I recall correctly, back in the day, the original MFSL label did release this one.
Part of what was known as the silver series (..an aluminum reflective layer CD).. it might have even been a 2-fer.
I believe I even had it back then but don't recall playing or liking it enough to keep it.
IMO, I also think it's a rather obscure title..
If it was in multi-channel, I'd seriously consider getting it but not a stereo only sacd.🥴

Last edited:
Back