Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have never applied any compression of any kind to any of the LPs, and the same mastering is used on the digital transfers. It's honestly never even been considered. Our sources have been so good and so punchy sounding, it's not like we were ever listening and thinking anything needed a kick. So no worries there.

Welcome to the forum, Shane! I have all three of your Joe Jackson vinyl releases and they are outstanding. Not only do they sound superior to any previous versions I've owned but the jackets are gorgeous! Nifty textured sleeve for "Look Sharp" and beautiful glossy surfaces on the other two. All with sharp and vibrant art work, thick cardboard stock and faithful re-creations of the LP labels. (Curiously my "I'm the Man" jacket has two sleeve pockets - is that an anomaly?).

Thank you for developing such a high-quality product. Your passion and attention to detail is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your future releases, both on vinyl and SACD.

Bump for Bumps sake :banana:

Oh and Snood just ordered :music

Thank You Shane and best of luck :snoodhug:

I see that Stealers Wheel is now available from Amazon. Well I ordered from Elusive Disc to be first and am still waiting. I called them today and they said I should have mine later in the week.

I am very very pleased to report that the Stealers SACDs are FINALLY in stock and shipping! I just shipped to Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc so they'll have them in stock in days. I also sent stock out to Amazon, and will report back when they are available online there. Music Direct has also been offered these, and can buy them from me direct.

Are there any other online retailers that you all look to for this kind of product that I should approach? My LP distributor doesn't do digital at all, so I'm kinda starting from scratch with these and very open to suggestions.

I am very very pleased to report that the Stealers SACDs are FINALLY in stock and shipping! I just shipped to Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc so they'll have them in stock in days. I also sent stock out to Amazon, and will report back when they are available online there. Music Direct has also been offered these, and can buy them from me direct.

Are there any other online retailers that you all look to for this kind of product that I should approach? My LP distributor doesn't do digital at all, so I'm kinda starting from scratch with these and very open to suggestions.

Bullmoose!

I realize this thread is about the SACD version, but I chose to purchase the album instead. And, WOW! What a beauty...and it sounds spectacular. I can only imagine how the SACD sounds. Excellent job on this one Intervention!

The Flying Burrito Brothers Hybrid Stereo SACD on Intervention Records is now available from Acoustic Sounds.

CITV_03_SA__122880__02212017110916-5255.jpg

Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time 192/500
Rolling Stone's 100 Best Debut Albums of All Time!

Headed by former Byrds Gram Parsons and Chris Hillman, The Flying Burrito Bros. are widely viewed as the inventors of country rock and are one of the most influential bands of all time. The Gilded Palace of Sin is not only FBB's finest work, it's a true classic full of some of the greatest tunes ever written and sung by Parsons and Hillman.

The Gilded Palace of Sin was mastered 100% AAA analog by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio from the best source available — a phenomenal sounding 1/2" safety copy of the original stereo master tapes. The Hybrid SACD was mastered directly from analog tape to DSD. The Hybrid SACD is housed in a super jewel box.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...s-The_Gilded_Palace_Of_Sin-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Excellent, going to purchase tomorrow see if there is something else I might want to help with shipping. I see Buddy Holly’s SACD is up for pre order, gonna get that. Wonder if they will be offered in DSD downloads.

Excellent, going to purchase tomorrow see if there is something else I might want to help with shipping. I see Buddy Holly’s SACD is up for pre order, gonna get that. Wonder if they will be offered in DSD downloads.

Or, you can just buy it from AmazonUS w/prime 2 day shipping [and yes, it's IN STOCK] https://www.amazon.com/Gilded-Palac...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1509683536&sr=1-1

This way, you don't have to worry about Acoustic Sounds $89 minimum for free p/h which, BTW, they only offer on IN STOCK items.:yikes

That is what I just did, thanks Ralph, Prime $29.99 out the door.

Let me know how it is, Mark? It should sound great as it was mastered from the original analogue masters direct to DSD by Kevin Gray @ Cohearant Audio and comes in a genuine SACD Super Jewel case.(y)

I pre-ordered both GPOS and the Buddy Holly SACDs from Music Direct for free shipping as they both had the same release date.
The Buddy Holly has been delayed a month but the GPOS shipped for free Wednesday.
Nice!

Gilded Palace of Sin has been a long time fav.
Have the original A&M vinyl & a CD release from Edsel I believe.
Reports on SHF regarding the vinyl have been excellent.

GPOS never has been & never will be a sonic masterpiece but this is going to be the definitive verison.

Listening now to this really great sounding stereo only SACD. Very strong recording, comes across beautifully. Music is like country bar music, I’ve listened to a few.

At least somebody seems willing and able to release SACDs these days
Shane’s a one man operation , I suspect his overhead is much lower than the others

Last edited:
Back