Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t find the post over at SHF but I’m reasonably sure Shane did say some of those titles were coming, or at the very least under consideration. I think a lot depends on how the vinyl sells. For example he said Stealers Wheel’s Ferguslie Park has been ruled out as an SACD because the vinyl edition did not reach expectations

I would be interested in Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend and Squire's Don't Say No but can I really believe the hype that these are going to sound better than my 30 year old cd's?

I would be interested in Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend and Squire's Don't Say No but can I really believe the hype that these are going to sound better than my 30 year old cd's?

I have pondered the same and I really do believe it totally is dependent on the quality of your playback equipment as I have had some RBCDs that sound spectacular and couldn't imagine them sounding better and then an SACD version comes along and whew........it absolutely DOES.

Again, dependent on the shape of the Original masters and the care taken in remastering them for the newer format.

But at $30 per SACD they are somewhat of a minor 'investment.'

Joan Armatrading and the second Flying Burrito Brothers SACDs are cancelled too.
Are the discussed SACDs by Joe Jackson and The Smithereens also dead?
Looks to me like he’s adandoning the SACD business to focus on vinyl.
Can’t blame him if that’s what it takes to survive.

Joan Armatrading and the second Flying Burrito Brothers SACDs are cancelled too.
Are the discussed SACDs by Joe Jackson and The Smithereens also dead?
Looks to me like he’s adandoning the SACD business to focus on vinyl.
Can’t blame him if that’s what it takes to survive.

Apparently, the CEO of Intervention Records bases SACD releases on how well the vinyl sells. His vinyl is selling for $40 a pop so understandably, at those prices sales might've been lackluster. MoFi and AP have also 'somewhat' curtailed any future SACD Stereo releases, as well, so things don't look too promising for the future of SACD reissues [which used to be pressed in larger quantities back in the day.....now only 2000~3000 copies are being pressed].

I'm getting that ugly feeling in my gut Ralphie, I'm no longer seeing this one listed here as an SACD🤢
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/139228/Joan_Armatrading-Joan_Armatrading-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Still on Amazon as a Pre-Order, but something smells fishy!

MOST unfortunately, JP, Clinty is correct. Intervention records has canceled ALL pre~announced SACDs including, most regrettably, Joan Armatrading and Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend" and "Altered Beast!" GIANT BUMMER!

The very last Intervention Record's Stereo SACD to make it out of the gate was Matthew Sweet's "100% Fun" [w/bonus tracks] https://www.importcds.com/100-fun/707129301628

I only spend the bigger $$$ on multi channel sacd. Pretty much never interested in stereo at $30+ per disc.

Believe me, you're NOT alone. Which is why I really firmly believe AP and MoFi will eventually phase out Stereo SACD and concentrate on vinyl, like obviously, Intervention Records, a relative newcomer to SACD releases ... is doing.

Although I will admit that since I'm personally not into downloading, I have been quite satisfied with previous AP and MoFi Stereo SACDs but if you weigh those $30 list prices against Dutton Vocalion's Quad 2 fers for almost half the price, it is a bit ridiculous!

Which
Unlike Dutton Vocalion's UK licensing agreements with SONY, U S licensing fees average $30K each ..... a hefty fee which rapidly put Audio Fidelity out of business!

Which just sucks...sony that is
Have him open small office out of usa & license out of our country...an idea

Back