Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Intervention Sale SACDs Stealers Wheel, and Gene Clark, both sound good. One thing puzzles me, apart from the sticky label on the shrink wrap (and the gold coloured underside of the disc) there is nothing to tell you they're SACDs. A deliberate marketing ploy? Billy Squier still to listen to.

The Intervention Sale SACDs Stealers Wheel, and Gene Clark, both sound good. One thing puzzles me, apart from the sticky label on the shrink wrap (and the gold coloured underside of the disc) there is nothing to tell you they're SACDs. A deliberate marketing ploy? Billy Squier still to listen to.

Dunc....it's called the INNOCUOUS SACD ......... marketing ploy: What you DON'T know won't hurt you. In any event, it backfired. Sales were depressingly LOW so IR pulled the plug on any future SACD releases and will now concentrate on Vinyl.

But what did Joe Public think ..... that they were asked to pay $30, list price
    • for a RBCD remaster in a weird looking case?:geek:

At the end of April 2020, Intervention Records will release a newly remastered Stereo SACD of The Flying Burrito Brothers' BURRITO DELUXE

FBB_BurritoDeluxe_Cover_Mini_V2-1024x1017.jpg

Yes, at one point both this FBB and Joan Armatrading were available for pre-order, then cancelled.
The FBB now is a resurrection, back on the schedule.
Intervention said on another forum that the Armatrading is unlikely

Yes, at one point both this FBB and Joan Armatrading were available for pre-order, then cancelled.
The FBB now is a resurrection, back on the schedule.
Intervention said on another forum that the Armatrading is unlikely

Wonder if they canceled the SACDs because of poor sales of the 180g LPs.......a possibility.

I would've loved for those Judee Sills Titles to be released as SACDs .... but alas, NOT!

Nothing was clearly said but the implication was a combination of poor presales and the need to pull back and regroup financially.

Last edited:
As far as Intervention Records.
They do top quality re-releases both in mastering and packaging.
Shane's products are truly labors of love of music.
One issue is that SACDs rarely sell enough to make back the investment.
Most of their vinyl sells out.
The other is the vagaries of dealing with record labels, which anyone here should be well familiar with.
I remember the "outrage" on SHF when Ape quit releasing Yes & XTC DVDs & went Blu-ray only.
It's stunning how many people can't seem to get it through their peabrains that a company losing money goes out of business
& that if you're in the hi-res collecting arena 10+ YO gear gets superseded.

Last edited:
One issue is that SACDs rarely sell enough to make back the investment.
Most of their vinyl sells out.

Depends on the licensing terms and how many copies of the SACDs (or LPs) that you make.

These days, Mobile Fidelity is making around 2,000 units/SACD and 4,000 units/LP.
A far cry from the days when an album could sell hundreds of thousands or even millions of copies on SACD and LP.

Just happened to re-visit the IR thread on SHF a couple weeks ago & saw that BD was back on.
Pre-ordered.
Brian, of course the major stumbling block that a boutique operation like IR faces are licensing issues from the big boys.
Maddening that property like Joe Jackson's can't get re-released in hi-res.

Look at Analog Productions one of the biggest boutiques, people are reporting that Amazon & importcds have cancelled pre-orders for Are You Experienced?
It may be a case of aging out after so many years but perhaps Amazon knows something that we don't know & AP isn't telling.

Last edited:
These two SACD's stereo DSD 64 arrived yesterday. The Flying Burrito Brothers - Burrito Deluxe has no information that it is a SACD on either disc, liner notes, or jewel case. There is a small note 2020 from Intervention Records IR-SCD8.
Not sure I own an SACD without an SACD logo at the very least?
CITV_08_SA__136464__07162018122955-8157.jpg
CAPP_120_SA__140628__12312018104859-647.jpg

These two SACD's stereo DSD 64 arrived yesterday. The Flying Burrito Brothers - Burrito Deluxe has no information that it is a SACD on either disc, liner notes, or jewel case. There is a small note 2020 from Intervention Records IR-SCD8.
Not sure I own an SACD without an SACD logo at the very least?
View attachment 47813View attachment 47814
That sure seems odd.

One thing I do know...Intervention LOVES to recreate the original LP cover, etc. Maybe they chose to leave off SACD logos for that reason. Still seems odd that you find no mention of it anywhere.

Coming soon from Intervention Records/remastered by Kevin Gray @ CoHEARant Audio from the 32 Track PCM Masters on hybrid SACD in a Super Audio Jewel Case

Back