Introducing Bushranger!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Screenshot_20220822-151431.png

Here is my "know it all post":
Post in thread 'Supertramp - LIVE IN PARIS '79 [Blu-Ray]' BluRay Music Video Poll - Supertramp - LIVE IN PARIS '79 [Blu-Ray]

I am absolutely flabbergasted that 2days & 14 posts into membership this person feels the need to reach out and condemn your reply that seems thoughtful & courteous. We'll see what his 15th post is like. Certainly this 71 year old appreciates your posts & finds them interesting.

As @4-earredwonder just said the ignore option can help a lot & that's what @The Bushranger should have used instead of bashing you.

Am hoping poster BUSHRANGER takes these responses as 'constructive criticism' rather than perceive everyone ganging up on him. There are alternative and more humane ways of dealing with posts that are contrary to your beliefs and I trust you'll take this opportunity to reflect on your 'combative' response.

Edisonbaggins was only trying to assist you in making a more informed decision when posting a review. Nothing more ...nor less!

If you have issues with abusive PMs from another user, please use the 'report' function (which will alert the entire moderation team) and put the user on ignore.

No matter how aggrieved you may feel, posting screenshots of conversations can only serve to inflame situations and make a spectacle out of something that should (and will) be taken care of behind the scenes. Airing this stuff publicly just gives it oxygen, and takes it away from the more positive aspects of this site, ie discussing surround music.

We've always worked hard to protect valued long-time members, as I'm sure more than a few members who've received PMs from us asking them to tone some kind of behaviour down can probably attest, and reporting posts and PMs allows us to do that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back