Involve audio sound master ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argou

Hello all ,
I'm knew in the quatrophonic sound and I'm using a Sansui QS 100 for that purpose. I know that is not the best decoder that one can use for a quatrophonic experience but the unit is updated/upgraded and it s doing a pretty dissent job !!!

As I read around the forum a involve audio sound master v2 or v3 now, will improve the quatrophonic sound much !
As there are a lot of technical terms and explanations to the threads that I'm reading, I would like to ask if this is True, if really worth to move this way ..... but mostly how can i buy one ?
In the website is not stock for the v2 and " soon" you can pre-order the v3?
I try to subscribe to their site for updates but looks like the link is not working ?
And I can't find anything from a third party seller or even a used one on eBay ( example) ..... so I'm wondering if i do something wrong ? Maybe I'm in Europe and there is no exports ?
All and all , how can i get one if I realy need it ?
Thank you in advance and sorry if I'm asking something obvious that I should have figure it out my self ;
Cheers
Kostis

I've PMed Chucky (Involve's boss) on your behalf.

I believe the SM3 isn't available yet due to manufacturing delays, so they do export from Australia to Europe, I'm in the UK and got an SM2 from them a few years ago, a brilliant piece of kit.

Thank you Duncan , so kind of you ! From what I’m reading looks like it’s an impressive unit if it does what it promises, I don’t know though if I’m my case with a QS 100 will make a noticeable improvement or even if it can be paired.
Something else that is strange ,is that you can not find a used one ? Possibly no one wants to sell as it’s so brilliant!
Lets see if Mr Chucky respond !
Cheers
Kostis

Thank you Duncan , so kind of you ! From what I’m reading looks like it’s an impressive unit if it does what it promises, I don’t know though if I’m my case with a QS 100 will make a noticeable improvement or even if it can be paired.
Something else that is strange ,is that you can not find a used one ? Possibly no one wants to sell as it’s so brilliant!
Lets see if Mr Chucky respond !
Cheers
Kostis
Chucky replied and as he is on the road has passed the message on to Dave who is doing whatever he is doing!

I've never seen a used one either, once you've got one you want to keep it. Apart from QS & SQ they are good at decoding the other matrices, I prefer using it in Quad mode for everything. It also works well on Binaural, and with synthesising surround from stereo (if the album has enough phase differences in it).

Hello all ,
I'm knew in the quatrophonic sound and I'm using a Sansui QS 100 for that purpose. I know that is not the best decoder that one can use for a quatrophonic experience but the unit is updated/upgraded and it s doing a pretty dissent job !!!

As I read around the forum a involve audio sound master v2 or v3 now, will improve the quatrophonic sound much !
As there are a lot of technical terms and explanations to the threads that I'm reading, I would like to ask if this is True, if really worth to move this way ..... but mostly how can i buy one ?
I try to subscribe to their site for updates but looks like the link is not working ?
And I can't find anything from a third party seller or even a used one on eBay ( example) ..... so I'm wondering if i do something wrong ? Maybe I'm in Europe and there is no exports ?
Thank you in advance and sorry if I'm asking something obvious that I should have figure it out my self ;
Cheers
Kostis
Hi Argou
Sorry about the continuing saga of our website. Dave informs me it is now fixed, try again, if it fails just post here or contact Dave direct on
[email protected]

Hi Argou
Sorry about the continuing saga of our website. Dave informs me it is now fixed, try again, if it fails just post here or contact Dave direct on
[email protected]
Thank you Chucky for your reply !
It works now and I subscribed to your knews later , hope soon we will be able to order the Sound master !
Cheers
Kostis

I’m still reading a lot around the sound master….. I can’t really understand if there will be any benefit in surround effect , hooking it up to the 4-ch inputs on the Sansui QS-100 rear amp .
So instead of letting the QS100 decoding the stereo signal to 4-ch , we pass the stereo signal through the SM , decode it and feed it into the 4-ch mode of the QS 100 …. Or this just equals 0+0=0 …..

Cheers
Kostis

They are being built r
Thank you Chucky for your reply !
It works now and I subscribed to your knews later , hope soon we will be able to order the Sound master !
Cheers
Kostis
Hi
They are being built right now, some were sent out yesterday!

The QS 100 is one of the earliest Sansui decoders: from what I've read Sansui's technology peaked in the QRX 8001/9001 receivers of the late 70's

The surround master surely has better decoding capabilities, as it uses multiband decoding & is a newer evolved piece of gear. If you watch Rusty's video he compares a lot of the best decoders ever made and the SM is arguably better ( or at least equal ) to/than any of them

The QS 100 is one of the earliest Sansui decoders: from what I've read Sansui's technology peaked in the QRX 8001/9001 receivers of the late 70's

The surround master surely has better decoding capabilities, as it uses multiband decoding & is a newer evolved piece of gear. If you watch Rusty's video he compares a lot of the best decoders ever made and the SM is arguably better ( or at least equal ) to/than any of them

Totally agree. At one time vintage quad gear was an extremely viable option. That stuff was made for music meanwhile most newer gear (~ 90's+) was made for movie soundtracks, with whatever music decoding modes leaving much to be desired.

You're right the QS-100 and also the QS-1 & QS-500B were the earliest & crudest forms of Sansui gear. But today I sometimes ponder if Sansui was still producing high end surround equipment, what would it be like? I'm thinking a lot like the Surround Master.

I’m still reading a lot around the sound master….. I can’t really understand if there will be any benefit in surround effect , hooking it up to the 4-ch inputs on the Sansui QS-100 rear amp .
So instead of letting the QS100 decoding the stereo signal to 4-ch , we pass the stereo signal through the SM , decode it and feed it into the 4-ch mode of the QS 100 …. Or this just equals 0+0=0 …..

Cheers
Kostis
I've just looked on Hi-Fi Engine at the QS100. So yes connect your front stereo amp Tape Monitor outputs to the Surround Master (SM) (instead of direct to the QS100) then connect the 4 SM outputs to the QS100 Aux/4-CH inputs with the QS100 switched to discrete 4-channel, have the SM decode in SQ Quad or Involve/QS Quad mode, and you should get a better Quad decode than the old kit could do. The Involve/QS mode is good to simulate surround from most stereo albums.

I've just looked on Hi-Fi Engine at the QS100. So yes connect your front stereo amp Tape Monitor outputs to the Surround Master (SM) (instead of direct to the QS100) then connect the 4 SM outputs to the QS100 Aux/4-CH inputs with the QS100 switched to discrete 4-channel, have the SM decode in SQ Quad or Involve/QS Quad mode, and you should get a better Quad decode than the old kit could do. The Involve/QS mode is good to simulate surround from most stereo albums.
Thank you Duncan for the time you spend 🙏
Seems that the only way to , with this set up is to add the SM , hope I ll figure out how to order this as it’s now available wet for pre order ….
Cheers
Kostis

Hello all ,

Cheers
Kostis
Kostis, if you buy a Surround Master v.3 you will not regret it. It will be the best audio purchase you ever made. It will make your stereo records sound like they were quad, and will make SQ and QS quad records sound like discrete quad tapes. Since it doesn't have an amplifier built in for the back speakers, you can connect the four channel outputs to the QS-100's 4 channel discrete inputs, and the tape record output on your receiver to the Surround Master's input jacks. You will be amazed at what you hear from your records, CD's, even cassette tapes! You can go to involveaudio.com to order one.

Thank you Duncan for the time you spend 🙏
Seems that the only way to , with this set up is to add the SM , hope I ll figure out how to order this as it’s now available wet for pre order ….
Cheers
Kostis
Thanks Jaybird100 for your supportive comments!!

Re the website, it is working, really dunno what the problem is . I spoke to "Dave the Bitch" about it and he said:

No idea. The SMV3 is there just fine, it can be bought on back-order. It seems like he's looking at a version of the website from over a few years ago? The V2 isn't even active as a product.

I'll update all the site plugins and stuff, maybe he's in a country that serves from a poorly updated local cache or something weird like that. Unless he found a really old version of kevin's site or something but I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist any more.

Dunno. Site works for me, and I was able to subscribe a fake person to the newsletter, so dunno.

We are out of stock of the SM for a few months but you can still buy some here:
1670934472225.png

Back