INVOLVE - Y4 surround sound system reviews

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno whats this has got to do with Y4 but I bet this decodes well on the Y4.

Check out these clips of Canada's musical gift to Australia Wendy Matthews, so talented and should have been a world hit. Aside from that she really was a doppelganger for my mother in real life. Spooks me out.

People either would not pay or would try to hump my mother as she was so good looking, hence the 20 primary schools.

Dear All

I stumbled on this photo animator package last night, they let you do about 4 freebies before they want to charge money (I might ). I tried it on my mothers photo, and my ancient wife Rosemary. Here are the results: Now run the first Wendy Matthews video and check out the resemblance with my mother!

Try
https://www.myheritage.com/deep-nostalgia

Attachments

• rose2-0-Enhanced-Animated.mp4
    4.1 MB
  • IMAG0009-0-Enhanced-Animated.mp4
    3.2 MB
Dear All

I stumbled on this photo animator package last night, they let you do about 4 freebies before they want to charge money (I might ). I tried it on my mothers photo, and my ancient wife Rosemary. Here are the results: Now run the first Wendy Matthews video and check out the resemblance with my mother!

Try
Kind of spooky, it looks real!

Dear All

Try

OK, I just ran across these Ted Cassidy as Lurch videos from 1965 recently and was looking for an excuse to post them.
With and without makeup.
Forgot he tried a cross-over into the music business.
The kids loved him, I know I did.
(For research and historical purposes only.)

OK, I just ran across these Ted Cassidy as Lurch videos from 1965 recently and was looking for an excuse to post them.
With and without makeup.
Forgot he tried a cross-over into the music business.
The kids loved him, I know I did.
(For research and historical purposes only.)

Actually he has a great voice. In real life he was 6 feet 9 and a bodybuilder, he died after a heart operation to remove a benign tumor from complications a few days later in his mid 40' s from memory. He also played "THING" in the original Addams family, in fact he said he preferred that to Lurch.

Well finally we have the floorstander loudspeakers for the Y surround sound system, its only taken us 2 years to get the friggin wood! I tested it today and as expected it was around 4 dB louder than the bookshelf speakers but really helped support the upper bass and the sound was well um - just BIGGER!

Aside from this as expected the SST (Sweet Spot Technology).....I still prefer the original name TOTAL PERSPECTIVE worked even better with no one caring where they sat and the image was always stable and consistent for all. No more unpleasant scenes to sit in the middle and I spit on the center channel as you guys know. They are around 4 feet tall.

Below is a few pictures - pardon the mess but I am a busy fella. Hey do you like my blue suede shoes???!!!

I have attached a quick video for your listening enjoyment.

1691069479012.png
1691069631981.png
1691069537614.png

Attachments

• VID_20230803_152226.mp4
    7.4 MB
How loud are they intended to play, comfortably?
I just love us QQ guys, we always ask the difficult and embarrassing questions!

OK, First cut running from our little electrostatic desktop stepup box driven from a brute of a thing Pioneer VSX-AX-10A 170 W/ ch
1691121507511.png
It weighs 30 kg and I carried it in Singapore in the heat for 1 Klm when we purchased it! All bloody Dawson would do was to yell me along with the occasional abuse of calling me a girly man.

The floorstander panel clocked in at 1 Khz at 1 meter an SPL on sinewave of 105 dB before the amplifier clipped at 106 dB. At 2 meters it was around 103 dB. On a more celestial amplifier such as the Y4 running from 30 V rails it would be around 4 dB down on those numbers.

Hey not to shabby for a "singing flyscreen" as my insane mate Zel would say. The good ol Quads would cut out and shut down ant 96 dB.

Back