INVOLVE - Y4 surround sound system reviews

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add to the sob story,

one of the tragic things that happened in Australia in the 50's / 60's was "the stolen generation" where aboriginal kids were taken from their families and put into custody as their living standards were not appropriate. What is not as well known is that it also happened to whites. That's how I ended up in a orphanage at the age of 3 in 1961, then a few weeks later my mother visited and kidnapped me from the authorities and we lived unregistered and unknown for many years after until this policy ended unofficially. We ended up in the salvation army 3 times, lived in partially demolished houses as their was no social security for unmarried mothers back then. Also the catholic hospital where I was born tried to convince my mum to have me adopted out. The first support by government for single mothers in Australia was in fact by the conservative government of prime minister John Gorton (check the movie "The Dish" ) who himself was of illegitimate birth in around 1970.

When I was 1 year old, my mother found an aboriginal baby on her doorstep, she took care of him for a few months until the authorities took him away, I often wonder what happened to my "half brother". My dad was a rich guy but a bounder and a cad and in 1960 my mother was helped by a kindly lawyer (yes they did exist once) who ran the first court case for the support of an unmarried mothers kid. It came down to he said he was not the father, so the wise judge asked my dad to come forward, and then asked me to waddle forward and did a 1960's genetic test. he then pronounced "you are the father" - same bloody big boof head. Then my mother set the precedent for payment in Australia, my dad then set the precedent to piss off and fail to pay!

One other interesting story was at one stage she was the live in maid for the catholic priest (the Marist brothers in Hawthorn) and one Christmas night a drunk priest sacked her for reporting a broken stove. Next morning when he sobered up he begged her to stay but she left- single mother booted out at Christmas by a pissed priest! Pleased to report the gay priest was OK and never molested me.

Things changed a lot for me in 1972 when the Whitlam Labour government introduced free education and I completed a 5 year double degree in electronic and electrical engineering. Pity the stupid Hawke Labour government reintroduced some fees in the early 80's. They are actually separate fields and one can hardly relate to the other other than Ohms law.

My mother left Holland in 1955 due to really bad WW2 wartime experiences at the age of around 30 as she was convinced WW3 would again be in Europe and came to Australia where she met dear ol dad. Maybe she had the location right but wrong time?

Here is a picture of her....that's where I get my good looks (and BLACK hair):
1653053009989.png

She died a few years ago at the age of 92, never married again.

Dunno whats this has got to do with Y4 but I bet this decodes well on the Y4.

Check out these clips of Canada's musical gift to Australia Wendy Matthews, so talented and should have been a world hit. Aside from that she really was a doppelganger for my mother in real life. Spooks me out.

People either would not pay or would try to hump my mother as she was so good looking, hence the 20 primary schools.

Just to add to the sob story,

one of the tragic things that happened in Australia in the 50's / 60's was "the stolen generation" where aboriginal kids were taken from their families and put into custody as their living standards were not appropriate. What is not as well known is that it also happened to whites. That's how I ended up in a orphanage at the age of 3 in 1961, then a few weeks later my mother visited and kidnapped me from the authorities and we lived unregistered and unknown for many years after until this policy ended unofficially. We ended up in the salvation army 3 times, lived in partially demolished houses as their was no social security for unmarried mothers back then. Also the catholic hospital where I was born tried to convince my mum to have me adopted out. The first support by government for single mothers in Australia was in fact by the conservative government of prime minister John Gorton (check the movie "The Dish" ) who himself was of illegitimate birth in around 1970.

When I was 1 year old, my mother found an aboriginal baby on her doorstep, she took care of him for a few months until the authorities took him away, I often wonder what happened to my "half brother". My dad was a rich guy but a bounder and a cad and in 1960 my mother was helped by a kindly lawyer (yes they did exist once) who ran the first court case for the support of an unmarried mothers kid. It came down to he said he was not the father, so the wise judge asked my dad to come forward, and then asked me to waddle forward and did a 1960's genetic test. he then pronounced "you are the father" - same bloody big boof head. Then my mother set the precedent for payment in Australia, my dad then set the precedent to piss off and fail to pay!

One other interesting story was at one stage she was the live in maid for the catholic priest (the Marist brothers in Hawthorn) and one Christmas night a drunk priest sacked her for reporting a broken stove. Next morning when he sobered up he begged her to stay but she left- single mother booted out at Christmas by a pissed priest! Pleased to report the gay priest was OK and never molested me.

Things changed a lot for me in 1972 when the Whitlam Labour government introduced free education and I completed a 5 year double degree in electronic and electrical engineering. Pity the stupid Hawke Labour government reintroduced some fees in the early 80's. They are actually separate fields and one can hardly relate to the other other than Ohms law.

My mother left Holland in 1955 due to really bad WW2 wartime experiences at the age of around 30 as she was convinced WW3 would again be in Europe and came to Australia where she met dear ol dad. Maybe she had the location right but wrong time?

Here is a picture of her....that's where I get my good looks (and BLACK hair):
View attachment 79019

She died a few years ago at the age of 92, never married again.
That's quite a journey you've been on! That you came out of it in one piece, so to speak, is most fortunate. And, yes, your mother was a beauty.

Cannot resist this one, so reminds me of mum, photos sometimes change things a bit but its like twins:

I suppose due to lack of food she started to resemble Wendy more and more. I remember surviving on chicken wings for a few months. At 117 Kg (260 lbs ) I have recovered.

Last edited:
Oh, I did not mention in coming to Australia on the boat down the Suez Canal on a stop off my mother was kidnapped by the local Arabs as a white woman for whatever purpose, she escaped by beating them up! She was as strong as a mule, a characteristic my charming son Max and my daughter have inherited. At one stage at a weight of 88 lbs (40 Kg) and 5 feet 9 my daughter was only a few pounds off the world bench press record -she was bench pressing over 200 lbs! I to was super strong - 30% weaker now due to old age and damage.

1653089292650.png
1653089443074.png

That's my daughter in her Chicago blues band "king catfish", did bass, piano, organ, piano accordion and mouth organ, doing a phd in computational chemistry these days and combatitive as a black belt karate instructor. As you can see she looks just like me and the moose sized Max

Last edited:
It was the most formative, culturally changing period for Australia
I was 12 when Whitlam was first elected, but I also lived in Adelaide then when Dunstan was Premier. That period (1972-1975) had the two most progressive governments ever seen in Australia, and it was also the most progressive time for rock. All those great prog. rock bands did their best work around then, and I have such fond memories of those times, hearing new releases by the likes of Yes, ELP, Genesis, Tull, KC, Floyd. Neither the music, nor the politics, ever reached such great heights again ... and, oh yeah, I later got three free degrees too. 🍺

I was 12 when Whitlam was first elected, but I also lived in Adelaide then when Dunstan was Premier. That period (1972-1975) had the two most progressive governments ever seen in Australia, and it was also the most progressive time for rock. All those great prog. rock bands did their best work around then, and I have such fond memories of those times, hearing new releases by the likes of Yes, ELP, Genesis, Tull, KC, Floyd. Neither the music, nor the politics, ever reached such great heights again ... and, oh yeah, I later got three free degrees too. 🍺
We are the same age, and for Australia the 60's really happened in the early 70's. We were always 10 years behind the world until the Whitlam government. Coincidentally Australia has a new prime minister who is was brought up by a single mum in a housing commission government cheap housing.

Oh you should have added CCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you should have added CCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was 16 in ‘72 and got to see CCR at Randwick. My good mate at school and soccer, Dave Guest, won two tickets in a Daily Mirror competition. He asked me if I’d like the other ticket! Years later I added him to my band on keyboards. Not sure if that was a plus though . . .

Back