INXS: Live Baby Live Concert in 4K and Atmos coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we still don't know if the Blu-ray/4K UHD releases will have Atmos. My fingers are crossed.

Edit: Now confirmed. Atmos and DTS-HDMA 5.1 on both BDV and 4K UHD versions

Last edited:
Let's hope if the NA market doesn't get one, that an EU or ROW licensee is able to do it. I'll import it from anywhere to experience this in 4K with HDR and Atmos...but I guess if it doesn't materialize then I'll reluctantly get the Blu-ray just to experience Giles' Atmos mix.

Those European sites had both the BD and 4K UHD listed.

They were right about the BD. Let's hope they're right about the 4K release! Maybe its coming later or in EU and AU only? I haven't given up hope just yet!

One of the EU sites even has cover art up, so my excitement, while tempered, is back on track. I believe this is listing as an August release. I don't care if it's staggered across regions, if there is a UHD version coming I will patiently wait for it.

fee_786_587_png

From - INXS - Live Baby Live 4K Blu-ray

"Support de données: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray + Blu-ray "
EAN: 0602508458934
Disponible à partir du 8/05/20

I think the 4K will be a UK release and here in AU. INXS were huge back in the day.

I remember in 1995 when I was working in San Fran. going to a conference held for our international dealers. There were quite a few guys from UK and Europe there and we got drinking afterwards one night. Later I drove about 6 back to my place listening to INXS on the car stereo and then I put on my INXS Live Baby Live Lasredisc on my new 5.2 dolby surround system (Lexicon processor, MacIntosh amp) at full volume and we all went nuts! I had a 100” CRT projector too. Man it was crazy, no sleep that night, office chicks were getting laid, once in a lifetime ‘instant party’.

I got hauled into Presidents office next day and told I wasn’t allowed to party like that with our dealers in future.(and he was stopping selling me marijuana!)

Here’s something I didn’t know regarding the title Live Baby Live:

The title's two uses of 'live', indistinguishable by spelling alone, are pronounced differently – according to The Greatest Hits album's accompanying booklet – the first is pronounced to rhyme with 'give', whereas the second is pronounced as in 'five'.

I think the 4K will be a UK release and here in AU. INXS were huge back in the day.

I remember in 1995 when I was working in San Fran. going to a conference held for our international dealers. There were quite a few guys from UK and Europe there and we got drinking afterwards one night. Later I drove about 6 back to my place listening to INXS on the car stereo and then I put on my INXS Live Baby Live Lasredisc on my new 5.2 dolby surround system (Lexicon processor, MacIntosh amp) at full volume and we all went nuts! I had a 100” CRT projector too. Man it was crazy, no sleep that night, office chicks were getting laid, once in a lifetime ‘instant party’.

I got hauled into Presidents office next day and told I wasn’t allowed to party like that with our dealers in future.(and he was stopping selling me marijuana!)
That's about as epic as it gets...

ImportCDs has it listed as a UK release, also up for preorder there, cheaper too:

Title:Live Baby Live (4K Ultra HD) [Import]
Genre:Rock
Attributes:4K Mastering, United Kingdom - Import
Release Date:6/26/2020
Product Type:4K Ultra HD
Catalog #:0845893
UPC:602508458934

I should hold off on seeing whether an Amazon Canada listing eventually appears..

I‘m holding off to see if a local AU release is coming but I’m going to order from wherever I can get delivery the fastest. Often we get delayed releases here.. This is my all time favourite concert. 4K and Atmos: I gotta have it ASAP.

The Live Baby Live wiki says the DVDV sold a million copies in USA, more than I expected. I didn’t realise INXS were that popular in USA.

Back