INXS: Live Baby Live Concert in 4K and Atmos coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
An exclusive sneak preview of LIVE BABY LIVE, INXS’s WEMBLEY STADIUM concert, was screened at THE DOLBY THEATRE in HOLLYWOOD. The film — mixed in DOLBY ATMOS by GILES MARTIN and SAM OKELL at ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS and restored in 4K — will feature “Lately,” a special unreleased audio track from the concert.
The film is set for worldwide release later in 2019.

https://newmusicweekly.com/inxs-wembley-concert-to-hit-movie-theatres/

An exclusive sneak preview of LIVE BABY LIVE, INXS’s WEMBLEY STADIUM concert, was screened at THE DOLBY THEATRE in HOLLYWOOD. The film — mixed in DOLBY ATMOS by GILES MARTIN and SAM OKELL at ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS and restored in 4K — will feature “Lately,” a special unreleased audio track from the concert.
The film is set for worldwide release later in 2019.

https://newmusicweekly.com/inxs-wembley-concert-to-hit-movie-theatres/

If KICK was an appetizer then LIVE at WEMBLEY in 4K is the ENTREE!

Great news, Homer and AFAIK the first concert video in 4K!

Paul Sinclair has mentioned that he asked about 4K Ultra HD release and was told the eventual home video release at the current time will be only offered on Blu-ray. No doubt it will include the new Dolby Atmox mix by Giles and Sam but that's a bummer we cannot get the benefits of the superior home video format including HDR. Boo!!!! I'll still grab the BD of course, but this would have been a great first title for Eagle Rock to dip into 4K with.

Day 1 for me.

I’m a little disappointed by no 4K but still excited to finally get this great concert in remastered HD on blu-ray in widescreen. Add Atmos and this will be absolutely sensational! (and great demo material).

It’s playing here in MEL in theatres in November. Tempted To check it out, although I haven’t been to a theatre in years. I think Dunkirk was the last and before that too long ago to remember, probably the last Hobbit movie.

Think I'll check it out in Gold Class in Sydney in November..... I saw the new Metallica S&M2 concert at the cinema last week and I gotta say my setup at home sounds better than at the cinema..... or maybe I'm biased ??

Hmm. I can see the CD and DVD scheduled at Jb's Hi Fi but no sign of the bluray. Has anyone seen anything solid on a date etc for the bluray?

Think I'll check it out in Gold Class in Sydney in November..... I saw the new Metallica S&M2 concert at the cinema last week and I gotta say my setup at home sounds better than at the cinema..... or maybe I'm biased ??

That’s one reason not to see it at a theatre - you already have a great home system. Second reason is price, here in AU two theatre tickets costs more than a new 4K Bluray release. Cheaper to own the disc and rewatch...

Well I would go see this if it were showing in Toronto at the IMAX with Laser, but it looks like it's only going to show in non-premium screens at Cineplex locations here and unfortunately for Canadians even the "UltraAVX" screens, which is supposed to stand for Ultimate Audio Video eXperience, are just 2K projectors with bulbs, so crappy black levels, poor contrast and lots of ambient lighting from safety signs. Only good thing would be an Atmos mix, but it looks like it's not even playing in UAVX screens so super old 5.1 only.

The IMAX in Toronto that's laser even has dark green exit signs, virtually no ambient lighting as the outside halls are totally sealed off and behind other exits to begin with (ie, around corners) and it's dual 4K laser so inky blacks and truly amazing.

If you are in a location in the US close to a Dolby Cinema and it's playing there, it would definitely be worth it IMO regardless of what your home system is given they're not doing a UHD home release. 127 Dolby Cinema locations in the US, man...Cineplex in Canada is bloody WAAAAAAAY behind. these days I can barely stomach the cinema but I will drive 90 mins to Toronto for a 1.43:1 IMAX feature. Next Wonder Woman movie will have true IMAX scenes and of course the next Nolan movie too. Sorry, getting off topic.

Back