INXS: Live Baby Live Concert in 4K and Atmos coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d love to hear how it looks and sounds!

Direct TV was showing this on one of their 4k channels recently, I set the DVR and the Mrs deleted it by mistake thinking it was one of the earlier AXS Rock Legends show she saw before. They don't give more than a few days notice, and if the opportunity presents itself again, I'll try again. Interested in hearing the Atmos if Direct TV does that, on Video it pops up "HLG HDR".

I’d love to hear how it looks and sounds!
More importantly for me is the video content of on of my favorite bands. I saw the super big film production of Soundgarden down in L.A. and I hated it, was just way too loud even though the 3 screen picture was stellar.
This INXS was a top concert at Wembley for INXS just as good as Queen, Live Aid at Wembly, the crowd's energy is beyond belief. The concert audio was in my opinion really no different than the DVD I have of Live Baby Live.
I can't get enough of INXS and I enjoyed myself in the movie theater lounge chairs, I would say 20 people at most where there for the one nighter.
The beginning had a blank screen and an audio only of what a treat we where going to be in fore. I thought this is a good sign and maybe between songs they would have band members comment on historical facts and memories of that concert, but nothing, so that was disappointing for me.
I don't think I would purchase this if it ever is offered in Blu Ray or Atmos. I have the CD and the DVD. They would have to make it really special for me to consider.
If you are interested in a great movie about INXS, with great actors, I strongly suggest purchasing, Never Tear Us Apart. In the movie they do talk about Wembley and answer the question, how did the drummer get on stage so far ahead of everyone else. If you ever watched the series Black Sails, Long John Silver plays Michael Hutchence.
61SmEds7ngL.jpg

Maybe this would sound better on our home systems. It being played so loud wouldn’t have helped.

Seeing it on a smaller screen would also improve its look.

I’m a big INXS fan and will no doubt get this on BDV if it arrives, even if only in 1080p but I’d love it in 4K for my big system with a 75” screen, although my next upgrade will be a 77” OLED.

It’s part of my morning routine: Google search: INXS Live Baby Live 4K Blu-ray

Nothing new appears just the same old European resellers listing this as coming.

INXS: Live Baby Live in 4K and surround is now on DirecTV Chanel 104 DTV 4K, also on a lot of other 1080P chanels AUDHD Chanels 71,101,239,334,500 all on Friday April 17th at 5:00, 8:00 and 11:00.
The only 4K showing is Friday April 24th at 11:00pm.
I recorded (DVR) the April 6th 4K showing and much better than the movie theater that I saw 4-6 weeks ago, can't remember, is a one night event.
The sound was 5.1 Dolby Digital I think. The picture at home was better than the movie theater but the sound at the movie theater was better than home, overall I would say the 4K home showing was better.
A live rock concert in Atmos is just like a live concert in 5.1, a live concert is generally no match to a studio recording, and yes there are exceptions.

Back