INXS: Live Baby Live Concert in 4K and Atmos coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s the 4K Release disc specs:

TECHNICAL SPECS

BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL 35MM CAMERA NEGATIVE
NEW DOLBY ATMOS TRACK

Additional audio tracks: LPCM Stereo and DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO 5.1
4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray: REGION-FREE

So lossless 5.1 for the first time as the DVDV was DTS (plus Atmos of course on the new BDs)

Last edited:
A 98min program on a 66GB UHD disc is going to look great!

One site has the BD as 1080i (interlaced) but must be incorrect. It would have been a progressive scan (2160p) for the 4K remaster and down res to 1080p for the BD for sure.

A 98min program on a 66GB UHD disc is going to look great!

One site has the BD as 1080i (interlaced) but must be incorrect. It would have been a progressive scan (2160p) for the 4K remaster and down res to 1080p for the BD for sure.

The 4K Ultra HD format supports higher frame rates than Blu-ray does for progressive scan, therefore in order to keep the motion looking "live"on the screen rather than suffering the "movie look" of 24fps, they likely authored the Blu-ray as 1080i60. It's the right call IMO for a big show like this if it was filmed with a frame rate above 24fps. The UHD format will support 4K60 whereas Blu-ray only supports up to 1080p24. It's why the NIN disc was encoded on HD DVD at 1080p30 but had to move to 1080i60 on the Blu-ray. I would imagine this was filmed at a higher frame rate than 24fps? Maybe 29.97?

Back