INXS: Live Baby Live Concert in 4K and Atmos coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a pretty decent doc that's new to Amazon Prime called Mystify, about Hutchence and his life. I really enjoyed the editing, as there are modern voices but no modern footage - all of the era footage. Very sad, of course, but nicely done. (DD 5.1 - on bluray too)

For Aussies that want this the Blu-day version is on JBHiFi’s website, available on Friday, maybe even Thursday night:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/dvd-music-inxs-inxs-live-baby-live-blu-ray-2020-remastered-bluray
There’s a 20% sale until June 30. That pre order price won’t have 20% off

Ive got the 4K version on order but I’ll probably grab this as I can get to see/hear before the 4K comes from overseas. I ordered a new media player from US and it’s taken almost a month, only just arrived in Sydney...

For Aussies that want this the Blu-day version is on JBHiFi’s website, available on Friday, maybe even Thursday night:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/dvd-music-inxs-inxs-live-baby-live-blu-ray-2020-remastered-bluray

Ive got the 4K version on order but I’ll probably grab this as I can get to see/hear before the 4K comes from overseas. I ordered a new media player from US and it’s taken almost a month, only just arrived in Sydney...
That's not bad really. It comes down to $17.90 with the 20% off, which for comparison purposes is only US$12.35

Wow; now that's dedication... especially given that I think the uhd version that we have ordered has the bluray disc in it as well as the uhd one! :)

Wow; now that's dedication... especially given that I think the uhd version that we have ordered has the bluray disc in it as well as the uhd one! :)

My system is starved for Atmos! Thers going to be an INXS party at my place this week, maybe only me, my wife and my dog, but I’m watching the entire INXS concert in 7.2.4 (up loud!).

Delayed release in AU. This on JBHiFi’s order page:

Please note that due to manufacturing/distributing issues, stock is delayed. Stock is expected to arrive in store & online 03/07/2020. Expected date is subject to change.

There's a pretty decent doc that's new to Amazon Prime called Mystify, about Hutchence and his life. I really enjoyed the editing, as there are modern voices but no modern footage - all of the era footage. Very sad, of course, but nicely done. (DD 5.1 - on bluray too)
I did watch this yesterday and was pretty good.

Delayed release in AU. This on JBHiFi’s order page:

Please note that due to manufacturing/distributing issues, stock is delayed. Stock is expected to arrive in store & online 03/07/2020. Expected date is subject to change.

I sent a query to JB to find out if they will stock the 4K version and they said no unfortuntely..........

Thanks for contacting JB.

I figured they won’t stock the 4K unless it gets an AU release. At this stage it’s UK, maybe in EU countries too? Not US and AU (yet)

How is the mix?
The mix is fine for a live show....
Mixed by Giles Martin and Sam Okell of Abbey Road fame.

The concert is brilliant...fantastic in 4K.

I realise I'm not going over the top with my reaction to the audio mix.
There is separation but the majority is front and centre.

In my opinion it's worth getting just for the 4K concert, something I never usually say.

Am I happy with my purchase... you betcha!!

Last edited:
Back