INXS: Live Baby Live Concert in 4K and Atmos coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new INXS Live Baby Live is the same mix as on the old DTS 5.1 DVD which was pretty useless, surround-wise.

The surrounds on the 'new' Atmos mix sound like one of those 'space' effects used on some tracks in the seventies, swish, swash, swish, wash...

There's nothing discrete just processed reverb with volume varying. Its horrible once you hear it.

This should NEVER have been released as Atmos. Anyone listening to this as their first Atmos music experience WILL NOT come back for more.
Is there a 5.1 mix?

Is there a 5.1 mix?

I don’t have the 4K disc yet (shipping notification only). I bought the BD here which has Atmos and DTS-HDMA 5.1. The original DVDV has lossy DTS 5.1 (I think it was only 768kbps)

The DVD was 4:3 and is a lot brighter than the remastered BD, which is widescreen of course. Picture on BD looks really good but IMO is probably a little too dark. Excellent upgrade though. I‘m looking forward to seeing this in 4K.

The new INXS Live Baby Live is the same mix as on the old DTS 5.1 DVD which was pretty useless, surround-wise.

The surrounds on the 'new' Atmos mix sound like one of those 'space' effects used on some tracks in the seventies, swish, swash, swish, wash...

There's nothing discrete just processed reverb with volume varying. Its horrible once you hear it.

This should NEVER have been released as Atmos. Anyone listening to this as their first Atmos music experience WILL NOT come back for more.
Thanks for the tip Garry, I have been waiting for your exact comment. I have seen it at the one night movies I think last Feb, I have watched recently on the 4K channel of DirecTV and in the Atmos theater and the 5.1 DirecTv I loved the new video but the surround was unimpressive. I have been waiting for Amazon US to carry the 4K disc which they now have but I will pass on the purchase. I already have the old DVD, that will be good enough.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip Garry, I have been waiting for your exact comment. I have seen it at the one night movies I think last Feb, I have watched recently on the 4K channel of DirecTV and in the Atmos theater and the 5.1 DirecTv I was loved the new video but the surround was unimpressive. I have been waiting for Amazon US to carry the 4K disc which they now have but I will pass on the purchase. I already have the old DVD, that will be good enough.
Can you please post the link I can't fine it

The description of Amazon UK looks like that might be better for you, but Amazon US sometimes fulls you. The price is good from Amazon UK and I live in CA, probably would take roughly 2 weeks to get from UK to CA.
Amazon US
Amazon UK

Markie, what you might have failed to notice, AmazonUK is now charging almost $14 to ship that disc to the U.S. Even with VAT removed, hardly a good deal!

I purchased my copy [UHD4K/1080p BD~V included] from ImportCD when they had their recent 10% off sale but as yet have NOT received it:

https://www.importcds.com/inxs-live-baby-live-4k-ultra-hd/602508458934

Last edited:
Markie, what you might have failed to notice, AmazonUK is now charging almost $14 to ship that disc to the U.S. Even with VAT removed, hardly a good deal!

I purchased my copy [UHD4K/1080p BD~V included] from ImportCD when they had their recent 10% off sale but as yet have NOT received it:

I got mine from the UK already......just wanted to know how much $$ Amazon.com was charging for it.

Your right I am not really paying attention as I am not going to buy it, seen the 4K twice already, thats good enough.

I am waiting for you, the master of graphics to show a picture of a dumb ass, I give you permission.

JackAss ... you could've spent that money on a double Pepperoni Pizza from Luigis!🍕
See the source image

OK, I am a dumb ass. I just got a shipping confirmation from ImportCD's $21.61 for Live Baby Live (4K Ultra HD) (IMPORT) .
I don't even remember ordering. At least it is a good price.
Could not believe your post. The same thing happened to me. Freaky. I must have pulled the trigger, but totally forgot. Last week, I was still looking for this on Amazon. I have been on the fence ordering this as I wanted to make sure the 4K was NTSC, I guess I just went for it. I also, like everyone, hoped there would be an improved surround mix from what I saw in the theatre last year. The film quality alone, at 4K, I hope, will make this worthwhile.

Back