Is this record on the Quadraphonic discography list ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
(Sorry couldn't figure out how to contact Mark Anderson)
Mark Anderson (E-mail-multichannel AT cox DOT net) ????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354230247469
SS001_ALEJANDRO KAHAN~PYTA SHRAGE_ MOZART.jpg

Thanks for the link. Bummer only one picture

http://www.surrounddiscography.com/index.htm
It is not present, and probably i can understand why... seems to be a private press.
Well I did ask the seller about more pictures but if MORE people ask him MAYBE he will answer us as he has few THOUSAND feedbacks. If not well just wait few months as I do have this one or one that look like this (from CAPITOL). But to find it that's another story, stored in 3 different places

Discogs lists the Capitol Custom Label running for a time period of 1953 to 1973. If you read the back cover of the Pye recording, it states that this performance was in 1977 so the time period listed on Discogs for Capitol Custom is most likely not correct. The Pye recording is not identified as Quad. Pye/Nixa were releasing quad identified recordings in '77 with catalog number prefix PCNHX, however they did start off in about '76 with the catalog prefix PCNH for some quad recordings.
The Capitol Custom recording has to have been made in '78. With only having the front cover at the moment of the Capitol release, we do not have a lot to go on with it being quad other than the catalog number. The SS prefix prior to 001 seems to be unique when looking at other Capitol Custom releases on Discogs. The SS001 QUAD is the only identifier that it may be encoded. With the Mozart recording with the English Chamber Orchestra, Pyta Schrager-Piano & Alejandro Kahan conducting being recorded in London one could assume that this was initially a Pye release and if it is quad encoded it would be QS. That leaves one to wonder why the Pye recording has no indication of quad and the Capitol release mentions it in the catalog number on the front cover. It could be that Pye/Nixa dropped indicating quad as I can find no classical releases in the UK indicating quad in '78 (only Italian releases) but they did have some quad indications in '78 by popular artists like Acker Bilk & Norrie Paramor. Hopefully photos of the back cover and record labels will appear someday for the capitol release to clarify things but at the moment all we have to go by is finding the Pye/Nixa release PCNH 13 and giving it a test run through a decoder. It is interesting that PCNHX 12 & PCHNX 14 issued outside of the UK are quad identified recordings.

Attachments

• 4 16 1464_JOSEF VOBRUBA ORCHESTRA_Variations on Clasics_(SEE - 1 16 1464).jpg
    4 16 1464_JOSEF VOBRUBA ORCHESTRA_Variations on Clasics_(SEE - 1 16 1464).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4 16 1464_JOSEF VOBRUBA ORCHESTRA_Variations on Clasics_(SEE - 1 16 1464)_02.jpg
    4 16 1464_JOSEF VOBRUBA ORCHESTRA_Variations on Clasics_(SEE - 1 16 1464)_02.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4 16 1464_JOSEF VOBRUBA ORCHESTRA_Variations on Clasics_(SEE - 1 16 1464)_03.jpg
    4 16 1464_JOSEF VOBRUBA ORCHESTRA_Variations on Clasics_(SEE - 1 16 1464)_03.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok find it
So here's the 1413 1464 :
I bought a copy of that album in Berlin, in 1984. It's definitely SQ, and sounds very good. It was never released in the US, which may have something to do with it not being listed in Discogs. If you like this one, I can also suggest "Stolen Goods: Gems Lifted from the Masters", from "The Outrageous Dr. Teleny's Incredible Plugged-in Orchestra". The quad LP is RCA ARD1-0015; also on Q8, Q4, and Dutton-Vocalion SACD. It's a great album!

Back