..... Isao Tomita...... Quad Reel Tapes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All
Anybody interested in having all...... Isao Tomita...... Quad Reel Tapes are on eBay up for sale, just want to pass on.
BBQ....

( Isao Tomita Rare Lot of 5 RCA Red Seal Quad Discrete Q4 4Ch Reel to Reel Tapes | eBay )
s-l1600O1.jpg

s-l1600O2.jpg

Very nice set, definitively overpriced. Better wait for the next batch of D-V sacd and meanwhile get the ones already done - better fidelity, extra tracks (on the japanese ones) and waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy cheaper.
Tomita has been a real PITA to convert from analog tapes because for the very sound he made with all the synths it was frequent to have a sudden burst of mid-high freq without a ramp, transient with high spikes on electronic sounds are very frequent, and that's a recipe for disaster for any analog tape. R2R running at 7 1/2 could cope enough with that, Q8 could not. It's the only one i gave up converting from Q8 and i have them all on multiple copies.

Very nice set, definitively overpriced. Better wait for the next batch of D-V sacd and meanwhile get the ones already done - better fidelity, extra tracks (on the japanese ones) and waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy cheaper.
Tomita has been a real PITA to convert from analog tapes because for the very sound he made with all the synths it was frequent to have a sudden burst of mid-high freq without a ramp, transient with high spikes on electronic sounds are very frequent, and that's a recipe for disaster for any analog tape. R2R running at 7 1/2 could cope enough with that, Q8 could not. It's the only one i gave up converting from Q8 and i have them all on multiple copies.
that sounds like a problem from Tomita using dbx tape noise reductionduring recording and mixing, it kills the transients.

Back