Jane's Addiction - Strays (DVD-A Dualdisc)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-Audio of Jane's Addiction - STRAYS

• 10: Great Surround, Great Presentation, Great Performance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 8:

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Presentation, Poor Performance

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
so since there are no votes for this since it's oh so rare I will opine.

It's mediocre Jane's but it's actually a pretty darn good 5.1 surround mix.

I used to listen to early Jane's only (1990) for a whole year in my car on cassette and now I've heard probably a 100 surround (5.1 or better) discs and this is actually not a bad surround disc. (Bob Ezrin is no slouch)

I'm anywhere from a 5 (for the Jane's originality, meh) to a 10 for some moments of the surround mix.

Overall, some reminiscent Jane's fun but how do you put a vote or a price on something that is impossible to find and you're the only voter?

gonna say Bob (Ezrin) is the Master of the even console mix in 5.1

There's mixers that are all about Discrete and then there's mixers that are all about even mixing (it's just opinion who's is better)

I like both, shocker, (how can that be?)

Just taking a moment to listen to this again. Cranked up to 11. It's f*cking dynamite as far as I'm concerned. I think I wrote about this, like, 10 years ago or so saying the mix was a bit odd and the mastering was a little off, but listening again today, I'm not sure why I thought that. Perhaps my old system was calibrated differently? Or... my ears? ;-)

Anyway, I'm enjoying the hell out of this. Fantastic mix and sound quality. Perfect bass for this kind of music. Plus, I like this album a lot.

Shame this disc is so rare, I think it's the bomb. Gonna give it a 9.

Back