Dual Disc Jane's Addiction- Strays

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Snood asked me for photos of this disc, so I figured I may as well share the front and back of my disc here. Not too sharp, but they give you a good idea what to look for!

strays-front.jpg

strays-back.jpg

Matt.

I just found the Fischerspooner Dualdisc in a used store for $3, and have been researching for a bit, and stumbled on this thread. So both the Fischerspooner and the Jane's Addiction were test-marketed as dualdiscs with DVD-Audio mixes, and then re-released widely as CD/DVD combos without the DVD-A mix?

I just found the Fischerspooner Dualdisc in a used store for $3, and have been researching for a bit, and stumbled on this thread. So both the Fischerspooner and the Jane's Addiction were test-marketed as dualdiscs with DVD-Audio mixes, and then re-released widely as CD/DVD combos without the DVD-A mix?

They were both test market titles but only the Fischerspooner #1 DualDisc saw re-release as a CD + DVD package with 5.1 audio.
The 5.1 surround of the Jane's Addiction album is unique to the Jane's Addiction Strays DualDisc, later CD + DVD releases of Jane's Addiction Strays do not include the 5.1 mixes.

Ps. Great find! The Fischerspooner #1 DualDisc is rare! For only $3 that's a sensational buy! (y)

They were both test market titles but only the Fischerspooner #1 DualDisc saw re-release as a CD + DVD package with 5.1 audio.
The 5.1 surround of the Jane's Addiction album is unique to the Jane's Addiction Strays DualDisc, later CD + DVD releases of Jane's Addiction Strays do not include the 5.1 mixes.

Ps. Great find! The Fischerspooner #1 DualDisc is rare! For only $3 that's a sensational buy! (y)

Oh, okay, is CD+DVD MLP too, or only DD? I'm hoping for more uniqueness :p.

And thanks...I was excited to see it. The bargain racks have been good to me lately.

Yeah Nice Find Uber.........Think Snood paid between 25 and 30 me thinks...............maybe more

It usually goes for more and you will see it rarely come up on Ebay.

Oh, okay, is CD+DVD MLP too, or only DD? I'm hoping for more uniqueness :p.

And thanks...I was excited to see it. The bargain racks have been good to me lately.

The 5.1 on the Fischerspooner #1 CD/DVD set is DVD-V (not DVD-A/MLP spec. like the DualDisc you just picked up).

Oh and if you see the DualDisc on Ebay - it will be in a DualDisc special case see above style case and you will see DUALDISC easily...............any other case is a no :howl

Dang, just got outbid on the Fischerspooner #1 dualdisc dvd-audio on ebay. It's too bad some of these were released in such a limited manner.

It went for around $38. Started at $25 with no bidders until one guy at the end. I could have bid more, but decided to pass.

Yeah Snood picked one off Ebay about 3 months ago - for almost 30 bux plus shipping and yeah - I went up to 30 even tho it was at about 22 near the end and sho nuff won it by hair of the banana. :banana:

Its a rare one and if ya gotta get it for 30 bux or a lil more........thats the going rate and somewhat low in my opinion for such a short printed one.

Elsh, don't give up and ya will get one soon enough.

so after 15 years of searching, I finally got my hands on this.

Listening now, not a bad mix I must say (mastering is compressed like others have noted) and well, Jane's AND Bob Ezrin collab, can you really ask for more?

"Hey, Man" is my favorite because it's what Perry is really like.

Anyway I'm going to list this on ebay for insane amount of money ($499) "Just Because" it took me so long to hunt this down and the rarity this disc has become so if anyone is interested in buying it (or hearing any of it ;)) PM me.

I'm beginning to think this was the only DualDisc to NOT be reissued after the test market. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Last edited:
there are some things better than quad - and thats live - ive see thes fuckers about 7 times - once with a band - 24/7 spies...i went up on the crowd - to surf - but every time i ended up being moved towards the stage....which is no fault of mine - you just go where the hands push you - well, like i said, every time i got close to the stage - the guitar player - dave - kept kicking me in the head...as if he were keeping me from getting on stage - i didnt want onstage - those guys get beat-up backstage - so here i was riding this wave that kept me headed towards the stage and i kept getting kicked in the head - a brush with greatness that i wished would end - so on the third or fourth time i was headed to the stage - head first and on my back - i looked up - which was at the stage from that perspective and yelled - "quit kicking me fucker!" so he spit on me.

flea from the red hot chili peppers spit on me too - not bragging - just coincidence.

i threw a lemon on stage at a robert plant show - and he threw it right back at me - i caught it and gave it to the girl i was with....AND DID NOT GET LAID.

hello to all - w.a.reid
Great story:LOL:

so after 15 years of searching, I finally got my hands on this.

Listening now, not a bad mix I must say (mastering is compressed like others have noted) and well, Jane's AND Bob Ezrin collab, can you really ask for more?

"Hey, Man" is my favorite because it's what Perry is really like.

Anyway I'm going to list this on ebay for insane amount of money ($499) "Just Because" it took me so long to hunt this down and the rarity this disc has become so if anyone is interested in buying it (or hearing any of it ;)) PM me.

I'm beginning to think this was the only DualDisc to NOT be reissued after the test market. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Audioslave dualdisc - but it is stereo only - very hard to find.

This is one that needs lots of work in audacity.

but at least the separate channels are there.

Manipulating in Audacity or even thru an AVR is a ridiculously simple task compared to trying to separate the channels from a redbook CD of this, and besides, if you did that, you'd be eliminating the skill that Bob Ezrin put into this. You know, that Bob Ezrin.

Last edited:
Back