Music DVD Poll Janet Jackson - From Janet to Damita Jo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "Janet Jackson - From Janet to Damita Jo"

• 10 - Great Mix, Great Picture, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Poor Content, Poor Packaging/Graphics

• 1 - Complete waste of plastic

• Total voters
I never cared much for this style of music, but am very glad i bought this one. The surround mix is superb. And i really liked the music a lot more than i thought i would. I gave it a 9. :)

On a side note, since i liked this so much, i listened to a couple of her stereo CD's that these songs came from, and can't say i liked them very much, i guess because i heard most of the better songs from those CD's in surround. Surround sure raises the level of the music from around a 6 or 7 to a 9 for me. Anyway great stuff.

Great surround mix and suprisingly good quality for Dolby Digital only. Good mix of songs and you get all of the best stuff from her last 10 years or so.

Great to watch and to listen to especially... Excellent surround mixes!

i just got this disc in the mail yesterday and LOVE IT! I am a fan of Janet, have been most of my life, and it was so great to hear new parts in these songs I thought I knew well!

One of the highlights for me was the Rhodes solo in "Together Again" in the center channel! I have never heard that instrument in this song. It sounds like Stevie Wonder jammin' out over a dance beat. What a trip. Also, hearing the Joni Mitchell sample in "Got Til It's Gone" panning right and left behind me was fun. What a good use of the rear speakers. Another really fun moment was the voices circling around you in "That's The Way Love Goes". I was sitting and waiting for the end of the song hoping to God they would pan like crazy and they did!

LOVE THIS DISK. Now, if only the other Janet video collections were in 5.1, I'd be a happy man. By the way,

Anybody who thinks Dolby Digital means bad sound quality needs to listen to this.

I don't have the highest-end of high-end systems, but to me, this stands head and shoulders above some DVD-As or SACDs I've heard. As others have said, the mix is a rollercoaster, and while I, too, never cared too much about Janet Jackson, this disc changed my mind and I ended up buying the album, "Janet.", as well (for "Whoops Now", one of the sad omissions on this disc).

I ripped the audio to .mka and trimmed out the talking that some videos have at the beginning or end.

Straight-up 9. Not a 10 because a) because Whoops Now is missing and b) because, well, yeah, I mean it could have been DTS.

Anybody who thinks Dolby Digital means bad sound quality needs to listen to this.

I don't have the highest-end of high-end systems, but to me, this stands head and shoulders above some DVD-As or SACDs I've heard. As others have said, the mix is a rollercoaster, and while I, too, never cared too much about Janet Jackson, this disc changed my mind and I ended up buying the album, "Janet.", as well (for "Whoops Now", one of the sad omissions on this disc).

I ripped the audio to .mka and trimmed out the talking that some videos have at the beginning or end.

Straight-up 9. Not a 10 because a) because Whoops Now is missing and b) because, well, yeah, I mean it could have been DTS.

Haters gonna hate...simple as that:LOL:

Back